Milnerton Cycle Lane. Wipe Out

Guest Frail4Life

Flucking 29'er rider must have overcooked the entry back onto the cycle lane and gone wide after hitting the pole!

Probably saw someone who wanted to take a picture of him riding in the road to name and shame him on the hub.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a woman drunk at 3.00am Sat morning in her Fortunner, just chatted to one of the tow truck drivers that was on the scene, she apparently lost a wheel somehow which caused here to roll. No one is 100% clear as to what actually happened.

You don't need much to roll a Fortuner. Probably texting while driving. And drunk as a skunk too. She would have lost that wheel when she hit the pavement.

Edited by Moridin

Did anyone know/ see what happened here yesterday? There was an ambulance at this same spot, one of my employees said he saw a bicycle as well, but no cars involved.

Yesterday afternoon a lady cylcist was down just behind the tree with cyclist, pedestrians and AMBULNCE in attendance - getting ready to put her on a back board - any one know what happened ?

Hope she is alright - she's one of the regular commuters I see most days :eek:

Yesterday afternoon a lady cylcist was down just behind the tree with cyclist, pedestrians and AMBULNCE in attendance - getting ready to put her on a back board - any one know what happened ?

Eish, doesn't sound good. What do you think could have happened?

Eish, doesn't sound good. What do you think could have happened?

Maybe clipped the branches trying to get around them - didn't stop as the pavement was getting crowded

Please PM me a description of her as I know most riders out there.

Guest Frail4Life

Please PM me a description of her as I know most riders out there.

What troubles me this wall was smashed early Saturday. Not even a week later it has claimed its first casualty!

When will someone remove the Debrie?

What troubles me this wall was smashed early Saturday. Not even a week later it has claimed its first casualty!

When will someone remove the Debrie?

I see someone was able to take the steel pole away though ... scrap metal?

I came past just after the accident happened. Lady cyclist (new commuter), seen her a couple of times, still nervous, tried to stay on the bike path between the tree and road. Her front wheel slipped off the pavement and she fell onto the road, fortunately for her the driver in an approaching car was wide awake, and missed her. He also stopped to help! She hit her head hard and hurt her leg, otherwise she is fine. Hope she comes back... And thank goodness she had a helmet on. I see so many woppleheads riding without helmets on the bike path. In her case, it would have been very serious had she not had one on...

Edited by The Commuter

We have the same holes appearing around our neighbourhood from time to time.

Funny how it's always a saturday or sunday morning. Always around a corner, and sometimes a t-tjunction with skid marks appearing only after the stopstreet was missed.

I blame two things

1) speed

2) alcohol/drugs

A couple of years ago, i had to go to pretoria on a sunday morning. Joined the highway at 14th ave, and between there and lynnwood offramp, i counted 4 cars that left the highway in an unplanned fasion, 2 of which had occupants standing around ( empty alcohol containers all around) the other two the cars were severrely damaged due to the cars not reaching the top of the embankment, probably could not unclip fast enough and rolled over.

Don't be a hater

Did anyone know/ see what happened here yesterday? There was an ambulance at this same spot, one of my employees said he saw a bicycle as well, but no cars involved.

Seem like everyone is overcooking that piece.

I see someone was able to take the steel pole away though ... scrap metal?

Yeah, I noticed this yesterday as well.

I came past just after the accident happened. Lady cyclist (new commuter), seen her a couple of times, still nervous, tried to stay on the bike path between the tree and road. Her front wheel slipped off the pavement and she fell onto the road, fortunately for her the driver in an approaching car was wide awake, and missed her. He also stopped to help! She hit her head hard and hurt her leg, otherwise she is fine. Hope she comes back... And thank goodness she had a helmet on. I see so many woppleheads riding without helmets on the bike path. In her case, it would have been very serious had she not had one on...

One of those "woppleheads" is me :rolleyes: