SScrew, The Holey Trails & Swampdogs presents.....

Thug

Ok, entered and ready to party.... me and my brother-in-law driving up from KZN for the weekend. Can't wait!

Can anybody give more detail about the camping facilities? Are there ablutions etc, or are we taking a dip in the local stream when we done riding?

And where are the festivities likely to take place on Friday and Saturday? Will this be "on location" or somewhere else?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are ablutions at the farm.

As for where the party goes. Most of the time the party will be at the Farm. I did hear rumours about going into Fouriesburg to the Inn. Possibly Saturday evening? but don't quote me on that.

Yes, there are ablution facilities on site but with the influx that weekend, these will prove inadequate, so, additional ablution facilities will be laid on.

There is a small dam on the property, so if you prefer to bathe/shower in that......

Festivities will take place at the camping site which is on location. The beauty of that is once you turn your ignition key off, the only time it will be turned on again is when you leave.

edit: I see Sliiiick beat me to it.

Edited by Thug

What wheel size are you riding TNOSE_E?

I'll probably look at a 32x18 or 19 on my 29er. There is a mountain that you cycle up but the singletrack is smooth, not technical and there are plenty of switchbacks. So a climbing gear would be my recommendation.

Hardtail, in terms of camping...

Farmasutra is obviously an opportunity to make a weekend of the journey. There are heaps of accommodation in the surrounding areas including Clarens, Fouriesburg and Bethlehem. For peace of mind, the Fouriesburg Inn is the recommended hotel of choice as we will probably end up having an after party there in the evening. Book early.

For the camping types you are welcome to “pitch your tent” on the big lucerne field at Holey Trails, right in the middle of the action. This can be selected as an additional item within the online entry. Live simple, leave no trace, ride your bike and party from the morning to the evening. Ablution facilities may be limited, but think of this as Woodstock for single speeders…

An new deal has been made available for the campers:

A team of Gypsies has offered an Outpost at the event to take the fuss out of your camping experience. Their offer is a 1.6m high, 2 man walk in tent with 2 beds, mattresses and a solar lamp at R700. Alternatively, you can deliver your own tent to a drop off in JHB (TBA) and they will erect it for you at a hassle free fee of R250. They will also provide a Bohemian chill out zone for tired athletes.

See link to book online: http://gypsyoutpost....gistration.aspx

Edited by Thug

For those that know the trails, any recommendations on gearing? 32x16 or 32x18

Yes I have heard from a very reliable source that you should use your 34x12 :whistling:

You know you can do it. Mr Diesel Engine!!!! :devil:

For those that know the trails, any recommendations on gearing? 32x16 or 32x18

There are many bits where most will push up. When I'm not particularly fit getting up some of the technical climbs on my trail bike with granny gear can be a mission.

Whatever you do bring front suspension!!! :lol:

There are many bits where most will push up. When I'm not particularly fit getting up some of the technical climbs on my trail bike with granny gear can be a mission.

Whatever you do bring front suspension!!! :lol:

Front suspension??????? On a single speed :eek: Thought this was where the men hang out? Gmmmmf :devil: Will be riding my rigid thank you very much :ph34r: