First Enduro/AM bike

Nicko

Sh!te man, that is very sad to hear. Stuff like that always happens to me. I must agree with you that 35K on your first AM bike is a lot to spend! You will never regret investing some time and money into travelling, that is a very clever outlook.

I wish you all the best with the scoping for a bike.....BTW what bike are you going to have a look at?

Yeah I feel like I've been on a run of bad luck the last few months, hopefully it ends soon :)

Yeah I'd rather spend the extra money on travelling and then train harder to make up the 10-15seconds a better bike would give me on an enduro run....

Looking at Giant Trance, found a pretty nice one I think... Should do the trick

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I feel like I've been on a run of bad luck the last few months, hopefully it ends soon :)

Yeah I'd rather spend the extra money on travelling and then train harder to make up the 10-15seconds a better bike would give me on an enduro run....

Get that fork on the Trance swapped out for a 140mm travel fork and she will rail most trails like a demon

Get that fork on the Trance swapped out for a 140mm travel fork and she will rail most trails like a demon

Bike already has a 130-150mm fork fitted :) should slacken up that headtube angle a bit :)

Edited by Nicko

Sounds great! So now you can travel abroad and still have a shweet trail/AM bike waiting for you at home. Best of luck with the purchase, post some pics when you have it. :thumbup:

Hi Nicko

Just a heads up. Check this deal at Cyclotech in Bloem.

Stumpjumper FSR S-Works!!!!!!! Was R75 000, now only R25 000!!!!!!!!!! Details to follow

Contact Hannes van Tonder or Rion Lobster at the store with any enquiries on our products or services that you may have.

Landline: 051 4334 968

Fax: 051 4333 745

Cellphone: 082 7744 795

Email: hannes@cyclotechfs.co.za or rion@cyclotechfs.co.za

Sorry tried to post the ad, not allowed apparently.... Give these guys a call!!!! Hurry!!!!!

Edited by Josh_FSR

Hi Nicko

Just a heads up. Check this deal at Cyclotech in Bloem.

Stumpjumper FSR S-Works!!!!!!! Was R75 000, now only R25 000!!!!!!!!!! Details to follow

Thanks for the heads up, but I got something else.

Ok... So I got my new bike this week, here's the details:

2012 Giant Trance X2 26er Frame

Rock Shox Sektor 120-150mm Adjustable front fork

Fox RP23 Rear Shock

SRAM XO gripshifts and derailleurs 3x10

Truvativ crankset

Avid Elixir R Brakes with 203mm rotors

Front Wheel - Alex DA16 on hope hub with Conti Mtn King 2.4 rubber

Rear Wheel - Alex DH22 on shimano hub with Conti X-King 2.4 rubber

Think that's about it, picked it up for 9k. I thought it was quite a steal?

post-41965-0-71010600-1383116868_thumb.jpg

Cosmetically there is a few things I wanna do, first of which is getting rid of the fugly red cables.

I will probably change the brakes, as I've got a brand new set of SLX brakes.

I don't the wheels are too grand, so I'll be keeping my eyes out for a replacement set.

I've actually got a entire new XT/SLX groupset which I bought for the original build. I'm not sure if I should fit the whole thing, or just the brakes and sell the rest :/

The gripshift is actually pretty sweet, and shifts pretty well...

Any comments or suggestions are welcome :)

Sorry to hear dude, but at least you got a cool bike in the end.

And if that RS isnt doing its duty up front, you can always space the Fox to 140mm and pop that on :)

Sorry to hear dude, but at least you got a cool bike in the end.

And if that RS isnt doing its duty up front, you can always space the Fox to 140mm and pop that on :)

Thanks man, I'm at least happy that I've saved like 10-15k, and still got a pretty capable bike I think.

Goose I sold off that fork I bought from you when my original build collapsed. Yeah will see how the RS goes...

Sweet sled dude! Those sektors are basically revelations in drag. Very under rated fork and far better than any fox crud.

Keep the gripshift. It's a great system and will serve you well!

As for the rest - flog it individually. Someone WILL take the elixirs and the rest of the slx stuff. I might even put the slx crank on it in place of the truvativ.

Sweet sled dude! Those sektors are basically revelations in drag. Very under rated fork and far better than any fox crud.

Keep the gripshift. It's a great system and will serve you well!

As for the rest - flog it individually. Someone WILL take the elixirs and the rest of the slx stuff. I might even put the slx crank on it in place of the truvativ.

Thanks man!!!

Yeah that's what I'm thinking of doing.

The truvativ crank is not too good looking in my opinion. I've actually got a 2 ring XT crank, which is nice. But then I would probably have to find a Sram derailleur for that and a new gripshift? Or can I just set a stopper on current derailleur and keep that and the shifter?

How is the cable routing for the RD working out? Does it rub at all on the swing arm? On mine it runs down the downtube and goes against the shock then onto the swing arm. I wanted to put continuous housing on but wasnt sure if I should keep the same original cabling route?