Berg and Bush 2013

Ratty

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do need to pack goggles and a snorkel though, been pissing in KZN since Wednesday and rain to continue through the weekend, it's also a bit chilly, pack some warm clobber.

What an "epic" weekend at Berg and Bush. Big thumbs up up to the organisers.

Weather wise the following to report:

Day 1: 10degC start temperature going up to 16degC with light drizzle. Excellent weather and the track was more than excellent. Except for some mechanical problems had a jol and great time in the saddle. Water points was again high standard.

Day 2: 16degC start up to 22deg with no drizzle. On of the most memorable days out with fast track and short but intense climbs. Ice cream at first water point was an absolute legend.

And for the rest......there is a story about a cyclist, a Bike, a grumpy rhino and some head butting....

Was a awesome event, big thanks to the organizers. Today the trails were in perfect condition, nice and tacky and it flowed so well. It was one of the best days I've had on the bike in a long time.

Thanks to the organizers for a GREAT race. Gary and his team are legends.

Had a wet and muddy first day and a dry and fast second. Today was some of the best manicured singletrack I have ever ridden!

See you next year!

Anyone go the link to the photos for the event?

Dirt, sweat and tears.........

Must have been some crackers!

What an awesome event, two days of hot sweltering heat and dust. 39 Degrees in the shade...

The last day, 20 degrees cooler... 14 Degrees when we finished!

Compliments to the organizers, sponsors for a fantastic event!!!

Definitely in for next year!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Was an awesome event! Day one was really tough with all that mud, wheels seized up completly! But today was honestly the best day I have ever had on a bike! Super trails super event!

Great event, had such a blast.. suffered uphill on day one with yes... all that mud, but the descents were awesome especially yesterday... lots of fun. Will def be back next year.

My Ghost treated me really well.. no mechanicals.

Anyone go the link to the photos for the event?

Dirt, sweat and tears.........

Must have been some crackers!

Cant see any pics on jetline yet... Hope they still busy processing....

What a ride, what an event.... Absolutely stunning.

Regards

Boat trip....good fun!

Except for waiting for 20min in the cold ... even those rain jackets didnt help.

Not sure what it was, but last year the boat loading was a lot slicker ... we hardly queued at all.

Anyway. Shouldnt complain as its really cool that the farmers are so obliging and do this for us.

Had a jol, but have had better ... think it was the cold on Day 1 that put a damper on things ... and the fact that we couldnt go up spionkop. Thats the whole reason you go and do that race.

However Safety comes first

Edited by nigelhicks

Except for waiting for 20min in the cold ... even those rain jackets didnt help.

Not sure what it was, but last year the boat loading was a lot slicker ... we hardly queued at all.

Anyway. Shouldnt complain as its really cool that the farmers are so obliging and do this for us.

Had a jol, but have had better ... think it was the cold on Day 1 that put a damper on things ... and the fact that we couldnt go up spionkop. Thats the whole reason you go and do that race.

However Safety comes first

Strange we didn't have to queue or wait too long (maybe 5min max) at the boat crossing.

And in all honesty.. when I saw the wall that is Spionkop, I was very relieved I didn't have to try ride or push up it lol

As for the chilly conditions on Saturday, aah well after the previous weeks hot Crater Cruise, I found it nice enough.

But that they manage to keep everything running smooth is incredible.

Strange we didn't have to queue or wait too long (maybe 5min max) at the boat crossing.

But that they manage to keep everything running smooth is incredible.

I think it was either luck of the draw or where you were batched. Riding with the Missus and her sister and ballie and mates in "F"un batch was cool. but just meant we had a bit of a wait on our hands. Wasnt a huge problem, just got a bit chilly.

Agreed that Gary and his crew do a fantastic job with that event. Have loved all 5 of the ones i have done.

Enjoy the fact that it still has a family vibe about it ... and everyone can enjoy the event. Even the non riders

Edited by nigelhicks