Colnago Frame Model?

Schnavel

That my friend is a Colnago Master Piu. Looks like an early '90s model.

The Master Piu was identified by the internal rear brake cable.

IMO not a bike to be built up as a single speed. It's probably Colnago' s most famous frames. Won many many races and world championships.

I'm wanting to get the bike stripped and repainted, with all of the silver nicely polished.

What would you recommend?

Do some research on the frame. I have one like that, just an earlier model. I am taking mine back to the original colour. I also managed to get replica decals.

Send me a PM and I will chat to you over email.

Just don't do anything until you are certain of the bikes history. Ie. Approximate circa and the colours scheme's for it.

Very nice. I would suggest you do a restore as well. Lugged steel frames like that one are rare and detailed properly they are beautiful. And old Colnago's have serious cred.

You need a vintage Campy group set if you do go down the restore route......

Very nice. I would suggest you do a restore as well. Lugged steel frames like that one are rare and detailed properly they are beautiful. And old Colnago's have serious cred.

You need a vintage Campy group set if you do go down the restore route......

I appreciate the history and beauty of some old bikes, but if running it as a ss will make you ride it, then do it. It won't damage the frame after all. There are far too many beautiful old bikes hanging in storage and not being ridden. What's the point? Bring them out, ride them and let them be seen. This one has already seems to have been repainted, so it's probably no longer original, yet it doesn't need much, to get it back on the road, where it belongs. One positive about CM is that a lot of old bikes have been given a whole new lease on life, whether restored close to original, or customised..

I appreciate the history and beauty of some old bikes, but if running it as a ss will make you ride it, then do it. It won't damage the frame after all. There are far too many beautiful old bikes hanging in storage and not being ridden. What's the point? Bring them out, ride them and let them be seen. This one has already seems to have been repainted, so it's probably no longer original, yet it doesn't need much, to get it back on the road, where it belongs. One positive about CM is that a lot of old bikes have been given a whole new lease on life, whether restored close to original, or customised..

That said, I've seen the jockey mount ground off a superb old frame - also a Colnago, I think it was - that completely destroyed it. Oh, the tears I wept ...

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Schnavel

I seemed to have missed your reply in Nov. Sorry

So, what have done with the Nago?

Let's see some pics.

Frame looks like a 58cm, maybe a 60cm C to C.

If its 60cm then its just my size, just saying :)

• 7 months later...

Schnavel, if you are around on Saturday the 3rd, we are taking a few Colnago's for a social ride from Modderfontein. PM for more details.