Best moments in SA cycling?

Tumbleweed

What about Rudolph Lewis winning the gold medal in the 1912 olympics. perhaps a unsung hero.

Now that is an interesting and crazy story!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Henry Kaltenbrun silver at 1920 Olympics for individual TT. Also bronze for team pursuit team. Willam Smith and James Walker silver in tandem. Going back a bit, but great achievements. Especially at 1 Olympics.

the best way to sort this out, is to ask someone who doesn't follow cycling! as most of u on the hub have an interest in the sport u will know about the DH events etc. I dont know who most of these people are but i do know Darryl Impey and robbie hunter thanks to the exploits at the TDF.

Boys boys boys you forget the most important one!!!!

Burry SSWC 2012 WHOOP WHOOP

hahahaha

Greg @ Recent Downhill

Impey in Yellow

And my Froomey for winning TDF (Gave my dad an excuse to say, see if you just continued riding with him you could be there as well...)

@Tumbleweed, that alone proves you dont need EPO or huge amounts of talent and backing to make a bazillion dollars out of cycling! Just a good idea and the right marketing team! Sure, Johnny G never won the Tour de France, but I bet he has a villa or two in France thanks to cycling1

• 2 weeks later...