Rampage 2013

Tumbleweed

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yikes.. i was so looking forward to that rusky Bendaroni performing at rampage, and then suddenly, he pulls a houdini and vanishes.. but vital dug this up from his website:

“Some news about Rampage and my part in it . My motivation to ride in the last year became less and less, but I thought that in Utah it will all change. However, it has not changed. Yesterday was a day of training, I went to last year’s big drop - it was no more than the ones I jumped on a hardtail in the old days - and I realized that I do not want to force myself to jump. And that meant only one thing: I can no longer ride. If you can not or do not want to force yourself to jump, you are no longer mountain biker. For qualifications I did not go on the bike and do not sit down [well, we told you this was from Google Translate]. During qualifying this drop no one jumped, and in the evening Gulevich tried to jump it, but cased it and fell heavily, so it's not that I’m afraid of nothing. However, the fact does not change. Perhaps all this will upset someone, but believe me - the most upset is me ... Perhaps that’s it.”

Here at Vital, we think Kirill is maybe a bit hard on himself. Rampage is different to anything else, and even the gnarliest lines can't quite prepare you for what awaits in Utah.

looks like he out-psyched himself looking at the others' crashes.. :(

Edited by Capricorn

Rampage is op my bucket list, voor ek 30 is...

Also on my bucket list, but to be on the sideline :)

Jip in te skryf en om hom klaar te maak, sal nie gaan vir die wen nie, maar ek wil goed klaarmaak...

hahah, I can't tell if you're serious or joking...

but if you're serious... I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but Rampage is pretty much based on invite (for the top 40-odd gravity riders in the world), and if we haven't heard of you yet, I doubt an invite will be coming your way anytime soon.

From Red Bull

"The athlete selection process for the finals gives an automatic bye to the winners of the last three Red Bull Rampage events, 2008 champion Brandon Semenuk and 2010’s hero Cameron Zink (*2012 winner Kurt Sorge is out due to injury). Also automatically invited into the finals on October 13th are the top 12 finalists from 2012. The 27 participants for the qualifiers, taking place on Friday, October 11th are selected based off FMB Tour ranking, performance at key events such as Crankworx and the Bearclaw Invitational and proven big mountain riding ability. Twelve will move on to the finals."

Patches, shame on you. That's why there's a dearth of gravity talent in this country, as per the DH ladies thread. It's people like you who dash the hopes of those who dare to dream.

'N man mag maar droom...

Nothing wrong with dreaming,hone your skills to their lvls,get your name up there and you might even get an invite 1day.Thats why i was asking ,as patches says its pretty much cream of the crop riders who get invited.Good that you think you would be even able to make it to the bottom.That in itself would raise your game :thumbup:

Patches, shame on you. That's why there's a dearth of gravity talent in this country, as per the DH ladies thread. It's people like you who dash the hopes of those who dare to dream.

haven't you learnt by now that that is my job?!

BTW, have I ever told you that you can't fulfill your ultimate dream of becoming a movie star in a certain genre... you're too tall!