Bestmed Jacaranda classic venue and distance change

2 X 2

think i am starting from the back,at least worst case scenario i have until 14:00 lol

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice they changed the start, last years I heard was crazy. Interesting place that. Should have showers arc already there.

Going to be interesting to try get to VG for some dirt riding. If the front guys start 6am and head towards VG first all 3 options will be blocked. Last year we came down the dirt road near the start line. peacanwood side will be blocked by 6.10, road near VG by 6.30 latest.

Is this full road closure?

Is this race full road closure?

No road closure and last year if I remember correctly there was a race on at Van Galens on the same day so we had a bit of traffic to get through on that bit of road but it was ok

I emailed them over the weekend. Waiting for an answer. Will phone on Wed if they have not replied by then.

So ASG told me that my entry was changed to the 106km, but in the SMS, my entry is still for the 80km. Have you have any luck with these people?

I have had confirmation from a lady called Jill.

So ASG told me that my entry was changed to the 106km, but in the SMS, my entry is still for the 80km. Have you have any luck with these people?

I have had confirmation from a lady called Jill.

Hope that this Jill is not the same Jill from Race for Victory! Battled with reseeding....then they forgot to let Racetc know about the change.....DQ'd because of that. Took 3 weeks to get a time for RVF....and it is still incorrect!

Good luck!

Hope that this Jill is not the same Jill from Race for Victory! Battled with reseeding....then they forgot to let Racetc know about the change.....DQ'd because of that. Took 3 weeks to get a time for RVF....and it is still incorrect!

Good luck!

Thats what I am afraid of. When I go there on Friday, I think I will get her to show me that it has been changed on Racetec.

ASG really seem like a real bunch of money grabbers. Just look at the challenge thread from WP. Shows their real colours.

AM off at 7:25 for me. I should probably have just sucked it up and changed to the longer route...

AM off at 7:25 for me. I should probably have just sucked it up and changed to the longer route...

I have EM off at 7:45. but suspected i may get a late start because i virtually have no seeding.

A start for me at 6h30 . . . nice and early . . .

Just make sure you also finish nice and early !!!

Make sure Hekpoort doesn't slow you down and don't let the rain (if applicable) slow you down either !!!

Good Luck & keep it safe.

did anyone went to registration yet ? Where's registration today ?

I've just registered at Solomons Lynnwood Rd. Cycle Lab Fourways tomorrow.

Also having some issues with the distances

Sent a mail to change to 106km and I got the sms, saying I am in AL @6h35

Friend did the same but he is still in AM

Phoned ASG and they said it can be sorted out at registration

Will hopefully be able to sort out tomorrow at Fourways

Edited by Escapee..

I've just registered at Solomons Lynnwood Rd. Cycle Lab Fourways tomorrow.

Just registered there as well. The Solomon's store looks great, was my first time there so had a bit of browse while I was there collecting.