Bestmed Jacaranda classic venue and distance change

2 X 2

their seems to be a confusion we do the 80km and I have a Blue number,I start in the FM Group 7h50 and my friend start in the GL group 07h00 with a white number which one is the wrong one

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck everyone. Enjoy riding your bicycle, many people have no idea the emotion that we experience when completing a race. Never mind the goodie bag.

their seems to be a confusion we do the 80km and I have a Blue number,I start in the FM Group 7h50 and my friend start in the GL group 07h00 with a white number which one is the wrong one

People at registration said you can start in the M groups with a L number and will be timed accordingly

People at registration said you can start in the M groups with a L number and will be timed accordingly

thanks

Really enjoyed the ride. Well organised

The marshals on their motorbikes did a stellar job in our group. You could see they had out safety at heart, pointing out speed bumps, rumble strips, potholes, oncoming cars, etc. :thumbup:

Yes I thought it was well organised.

For a non-road-closure, traffic was not too bad barring the odd a-hole screaming past big groups and some of the oncoming trucks made life interesting.

Vrekpoort seems to get shorter each year or is it just me?

Yes I thought it was well organised.

For a non-road-closure, traffic was not too bad barring the odd a-hole screaming past big groups and some of the oncoming trucks made life interesting.

Agreed on point one. Nice event, glad I decided yesterday to do it, was initially put off by all the negativity from last years comments on the race.

On point 2, I must say it was the first time I saw more a-hole cyclists riding into oncoming traffic than cars being douches. I dont really care if a a-hole cyclists decides to ride into oncoming traffic and it ends badly, thats their choice, but the cars start hating on us even more.

ps: who won, and in what time?

Edited by ArchedBackChinOut

This was my first time doing the Jacaranda Satellite Classic and while I enjoyed a hard race I was concerned about a number of safety aspects.

My group BL was far far too big. For the first 20ks it spread out about 500m on the road. This meant whenever there was a gap in the traffic tens of cyclists went over the white line to overtake - at 45kph very dangerous.

At the turn after Hekpoort, the marshals didn't even see a car turning right into the racing line as my group was in the corner - nearly took out the whole group.

The finish was a joke - up over a hill, race at full speed dodging cars turning left out of the parking area across the race line and then get directed hard left into the finish road, across the line at 40ks only to slam on breaks to stop riding into the masses of riders that had just finished.

It's easy to fix the finish, just have the finish line on the main road 200m before the car park.

Nice set up at Saloon 66, but don't know how many cyclists saw it. It was too far away from the start finish.

This was my first time doing the Jacaranda Satellite Classic and while I enjoyed a hard race I was concerned about a number of safety aspects.

My group BL was far far too big. For the first 20ks it spread out about 500m on the road. This meant whenever there was a gap in the traffic tens of cyclists went over the white line to overtake - at 45kph very dangerous.

At the turn after Hekpoort, the marshals didn't even see a car turning right into the racing line as my group was in the corner - nearly took out the whole group.

The finish was a joke - up over a hill, race at full speed dodging cars turning left out of the parking area across the race line and then get directed hard left into the finish road, across the line at 40ks only to slam on breaks to stop riding into the masses of riders that had just finished.

It's easy to fix the finish, just have the finish line on the main road 200m before the car park.

Nice set up at Saloon 66, but don't know how many cyclists saw it. It was too far away from the start finish.

I was in the TM group and we had to dodge cars at Pecanwood at 60km/h. The lead vehicle overtook the cars on the righthand side with oncoming traffic. The Tandemswent left right and center between the cars - not a nice feeling, how we got through there incident free still puzzles me.

The speedhumps at Skeerpoort was also a new experience.

The finish was very dissappointing, having to turn left into a very narrow road with single bikes all over and trying to sprint for the finish was nerve wrecking to say the least.

Didn't see too much of the bike marshalls. The venue was great because there was plenty of beers in a huge barn with lots of space to sit

First cycle race ever, after 3 weeks of training and only two training rides on the road.

Did the 80km in 3 hours, average 26km/h. Quite happy but learnt a thing or two about pacing yourself! Didn't get off the bike though, that was prize #1

Regarding safety, it was better than I thought, I think cyclists sometimes take it for granted though, I kept looking around me at all times and felt quite safe, even cruising at 62km/h.

Finish was a joke though, and the inflatable almost falling on me didn't help either lol!

I saw many people walking up Hekpoort hill it was quite funny to watch. Personally I did not have a good ride up until I climbed Hekpoort after that I found my mojo and was a complete beast after that.

did anyone notice that almost everybody's results has dissapeared off the racetec website?i wanted to log my time on discovery's website for vitality points and noticed it.does anyone know what is going on?