Berg & Bush on Singlespeed

TucknRoll

hay im thinking of doing it with a 32/18. how was Spionkop? did you make it all the way up?

to give you an idea i ride mostly on a 32/17 (29er rigid)

Made it up, it was a grind though. Very rewarding when all the geared boys were walking or standing.

For the 2 day obviously.

Maybe consider a 32/19 for day 1 if you want to make it up. With 3 tree hill climb before that you might be better off looking after the legs and change to the 32/18 or 32/17 for day 2. It is flat except for the river crossing to mikes and most of it is district road.

Good luck, I'm happy to spin a little more on the flats and ride the bumpy stuff than walk the climbs and fly on the flat.

Made it up, it was a grind though. Very rewarding when all the geared boys were walking or standing.

For the 2 day obviously.

Maybe consider a 32/19 for day 1 if you want to make it up. With 3 tree hill climb before that you might be better off looking after the legs and change to the 32/18 or 32/17 for day 2. It is flat except for the river crossing to mikes and most of it is district road.

Good luck, I'm happy to spin a little more on the flats and ride the bumpy stuff than walk the climbs and fly on the flat.

HAY THANKS.

WILL HAVE TO GO AND FIND A 19 NOW.

Hate to say it but...............

Well done for attempting it though. Its a learning experience which you can only gain from.

Ok, so does anyone here have any interest in riding the most beautiful multi day race in Southern Africa on a rigid SS?

PM me..... And if you have any friends who might be game tell them to PM me....

Yes, you probably were right about the gearing. .

However my team mate was riding a geared bike, so I had to gear so I could at least stay in touch with him on the flats. :whistling:

For the 2 day obviously.

Bit off topic, but Edgar serious kudos for your and J's result in the Decent. Man that is really awesome!!!!

Bit off topic, but Edgar serious kudos for your and J's result in the Decent. Man that is really awesome!!!!

Yip yip...awesome Stu... :thumbup:

****PGA handclap from thehub****