momsen al329 2014 vs axis a30 2013

Nikita

between these two bikes which has the best components, for easy gear changes, and good shocks and breaks?

hey Nikita, both of these bikes are spec'd similarly. The Momsen in my view pips the Axis slightly and that's cause the Momsen' front shock is a Raidon Air whereas the Axis is the RS XC32 being coil? From what I can tell, the Axis comes in a little cheaper than the Momsen, Axis retails for around R9500 and the Momsen at R10 000.

It may be worth considering going 2nd hand, if your budget is R10 000, you will definitely find a very decent bike here on thehubsa for that money, and will be a fair bit more higher end in comparison to the Axis or Momsen? Only challenge going this route is finding the right bike, and then getting it shipped to you? Have a look around at a few bike shops in East London, I am sure that they will have a bargain between them all? East London Cycles, Cycle Torque, Gumbo Cycle Shop - google is amazing in finding these guys :whistling:

However, if new is what you want, then if it was my money, I would go with the Momsen AL329......

Good Luck......

Momsen hands down. Great frames, made locally and overall great bang for your buck.

Local is lekker!

Momsen hands down. Great frames, made locally and overall great bang for your buck.

Local is lekker!

Axis is local too..........both brands hail from Port Elizabeth.

btw.....I would choose the Momsen

Really? :eek:

Yes really... But yes, sorry I didn't know axis was local, learnt something new...

Yes really... But yes, sorry I didn't know axis was local, learnt something new...

The designer is a Hubber too.

Thank you all. The Momsen retails for R12000 in East London. Axis i made a deal for R8000. So for a R4000 difference i had to accept the Axis, will be putting it to the test in the bush this weekend. Hold Thumbs. :thumbup:

Good one, the R4k you save can be a deposit for next year's Epic entry.

Please post some pictures of your bike. The Hub is always up for some nice bikes to look at.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know the specs of the 2014 Momsen Al329, my friend has it, comparing it to Silverback slade 2...

Archived