Worst Bike ever?

spiderkzn

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost every week I spent time correcting set ups and adjusting badly put together bikes. And it's not only your entry level (and worse bikes like above...)

Yesterday someone I know (a hubber) brought a 650B Vipa round to my place. He spent the next half hour tightening and checking every single bolt on it!

Excuse for my grammar. Just thought I should share my opinion to give you chuckle :)

Recently my friend but not know him well contact me due to he find out I'm in bicycling. So he interesting to ride to improve his leg stamina for his kickboxing. Arrange to meet up at Durban Beachfront and It is worst bike I've ever seen. disc brake on front(not working), V-Brake on back, terrible frame design. And worst of all we ride together to Bird Park by Blue lagoon, his crank arm and pedal fall off and have to walk all way to Green Hub to get it fixed. Actually he bought it from Sportmann Warehouse for R3000 4 years ago and he use it few time and not used it till recently, Did make some advice to him about bike condition and he will try buy better bike from LBS. :)

3k four years ago.. Four years ago, he could have purchased a quality entry level bike @ 6k.

For 3k he should have looked at getting a 2nd hand GT hard tail or something similar.

Edited by YUMEYA

Not if one is used to racing motocross :ph34r:

http://stwww.dirtrider.com/files/2012/06/2013-Yamaha-YZ250F-right-side-view-02.jpg

hahahaha! Look at most MX racer's MTBs... they run the brake levers almost horizontal.

Also take note, front brake hose on the inside of the fork.

Edited by YUMEYA

OLX it

Rat

OLX it

her put on Gu

OLX it

Rather put it on Gumtree for 20k. Apparently they sell like hot cakes on that site.

3k four years ago.. Four years ago, he could have purchased a quality entry level bike @ 6k.

For 3k he should have looked at getting a 2nd hand GT hard tail or something similar.

...... and why oh why were you not there with your little piece of wisdom...... you failed this poor man who is now being victimised by Hubbers.

... Please re-read the opening post again.

I tried. Very hard, but my brain got all twisted like a 6-dimensional Calabi–Yau manifold. :whistling:

...... and why oh why were you not there with your little piece of wisdom...... you failed this poor man who is now being victimised by Hubbers.

As you do with anyone that doesn't own a Toyota Hilux, just saying :whistling:

As you do with anyone that doesn't own a Toyota Hilux, just saying :whistling:

You operate like Jannie du Plessis....... you enter the scrum from the side, do not discuss the topic and attack me mercilessly. A red card for you for playing the man, not the ball. If you pass Go do not collect R100...... go directly to jail.

Not my fault you do not have enough sense to buy a proper car.

you sound like a suurtiet

Edited by Big H*

You operate like Jannie du Plessis....... you enter the scrum from the side, do not discuss the topic and attack me mercilessly. A red card for you for playing the man, not the ball. If you pass Go do not collect R100...... go directly to jail.

HEY OOM FOR THE RECORD MY "PIECE OF SCRAP" 20K NOT A RATTLE OR A ISSUE,,,JUST SAYING,

HEY OOM FOR THE RECORD MY "PIECE OF SCRAP" 20K NOT A RATTLE OR A ISSUE,,,JUST SAYING,

Good for you sonny boy..... scrap just will not fit in there, will it!!!!!!!

I paid R3200 for my Gary Fisher and it is still a verrrry good bike. 26" wonder and a hardtail because I am NOT a sissy and ghey like the tewntie naainer crowd

Edited by Big H*

Bwah ha ha, who was attacking? I merely pointed a few things out to you. You should have been sin binned right from the kick off :ph34r:

I think its funny because the majority of us here made similar mistakes with our very first bikes! (If we are honest) At least he was able to sell it on to a person who will be able to use it. One of my colleagues bought a similar bike for her son, it was impossible for him to ride! They knew I was a cyclist and asked me to have a look at it. Wheels needed truing, in fact I almost had to rebuild the wheels. Hubs were so tight I was amazed the wheels turned. V-Brakes had so many washers in, they had been put on incorrectly. It was a challenge for me to get it running! And the weight! Crikey! It was heavier than any bicycle I have ever lifted.

These bikes are mass produced for what I am guessing will be a neighbourhood run-around. Its an easy mistake to make buying it from Sportsmans as they have plenty other good products.

@Andyr249, not so long ago I was in a Cash Crusaders looking for a hidden gem and I stumbled across a similar mountain bike to the one being discussed here. I was amazed when I read the branding, it was a HUNTER mountain bike. I went in for a closer look and the head-tube insignia was "RH" and then I spotted the sticker on the top tube that said "proudly endorsed by Robbie Hunter", I was amazed! Now, the graphics and decals were expertly done, so there is no way it was an aftermarket application. At the time I wanted to take a picture and post it here on the Hub for discussion, but thought better of it in case it transpired into an argument. Does anyone here know the background on these HUNTER bikes?

(Please dont misunderstand me, I am not mocking Robbie Hunter here)