Ragley Marley build aka "Bob"

RockCoach

It's a Narrow-Wide, so it will be a bit of a waste on a SS setup.

But check out buycycle and evobikes. They both do Race Face chainrings.

yip, also epic cycles in centurion has the SS specific ring...no narrow wide and no ramps.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool...screw the purists, that is going to be hot.

Thanks dude. Yeah. And will be perfect for the Farmasutra trails...

Where did you buy that green Race Face chainring?

I would like to get one for my wife's single speed

CRC R580

great colour coordinating / theming going on here......what are the wheels going to be?

Don't know yet.

CRC R580

How technical is the Farmasutra trails? What ratio are you guys going for?

How technical is the Farmasutra trails? What ratio are you guys going for?

Go over to Thug's Farmasutra Events thread(s) and check some of the vids posted. There is a lot of sandstone. Some of it very bumpy. It is steep up and steep down depending on which routes are chosen. Or fast and flowing down - kinda like enduro. There is no way the route will go down the black trail. Not many okes will be able to ride that.

Go over to Thug's Farmasutra Events thread(s) and check some of the vids posted. There is a lot of sandstone. Some of it very bumpy. It is steep up and steep down depending on which routes are chosen. Or fast and flowing down - kinda like enduro. There is no way the route will go down the black trail. Not many okes will be able to ride that.

Specially me, still new to this SS thing and I think I will do a Salmon dive with this new found rigid of mine

Keep thinking of :

So if you are the big tree

We are the small axe

Ready to cut you down (well sharp)

To cut you down

:clap:

Personal Favorite at the moment is Redemption Song.

Should have a space for some Marley verse on that machine:

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.

Have no fear for atomic energy,

'Cause none of them can stop the time"

I was thinking the exact same thing. Perfect for The Holey Trails!!

Looking great there SLiiick but I think you missed a trick with the rims that Patches has just bought off 4Barlinkage. Those hubs would have looked really sweet (even if you ditched the black Spank rims).

Edited by Thug

So... wasn't quite sure where to post this. Theoretically it will be run as a SS (most of the time) but it has an AM/playbike character. This is evident in the 67 degree head angle, ISCG05 tabs and the 140mm recommended front travel.

I know the single speed purists will roll their eyes at the thought of suspension forks but the intended use of most Marleys is a play/jump/trail bike.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/Seanf1art/20130829_193707_zpsbe301a11.jpg

I recently acquired the frame and have been waiting for all the bits to arrive. Especially as I have a Vanilla 140 RL which I wanted to use on the build. This fork has been sitting in my bike room for 3 years still sealed in plastic in its box. The reason: back in 2010 CRC sent me this fork but it incorrectly had a 1.5" steerer. I never sent it back as I always thought I'd find a frame to use it on. Back them it looked like fat, straight steerers were coming into vogue on trail bikes but it turns out that happened mainly on longer travel big hitting bikes. And then tapered steerers arrived and my fork stayed on the shelf in my bike room.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/Seanf1art/20131008_121855_zps38ca41ea.jpg

Until I read on the Ragley website (after ordering the frame) that you can use a 1.5" Nukeproof Warhead 44EEOS headset to fit a 1.5" straight steerer.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/Seanf1art/20131004_122354_zps44b30d91.jpg

To my knowledge this is the only headset with 44mm internal diameter which will work. And it does... It's a really snug fit and with the large stem, spacers, top cap etc results in a fairly chunky front end. But it will be pretty damn stiff.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/Seanf1art/20131008_121829_zpsbbda197d.jpg

This is as far as I've got. Not exactly stealth :D

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/Seanf1art/20131008_123502_zps071bd17e.jpg

That's going to be one sexy rasta bike dude.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Perfect for The Holey Trails!!

Looking great there SLiiick but I think you missed a trick with the rims that Patches has just bought off 4Barlinkage. Those hubs would have looked really sweet (even if you ditched the black Spank rims).

Eish. I didn't know about this sale. Green hubs?

Yep, those Hope green hubs.

I knew he was selling a lot of stuff but I never thought he'd sell those so didn't think to ask.