blah, blah bla

Me being nice too!Star
Willehond2008-02-15 08:36:13

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be nice to have more tours like this!!! For elite riders, Giro del Capo and Tour de Boland are the only tours available to us!! Well done to the organisers on such a well organised event!!!!

Enjoying the ride' date=' the alternative way

[/quote']

AngryHe's gonna be hurting more when the sponsors find outAngry

Repeat after me: ICDQ ICDQ ICDQ

Ai, dom donner.  Weet hy nie dat jy BAIE versigtig moet wees en jou soet gesiggie moet opsit as Ronelle met 'n kamera rondsluip nie?  Veral op die klimme.

(Orca, jy kan nou maar uitkom, Ronelle is lankal weg!)

You think he could claim he was PUSHING the truck up the hill ?
gianni2008-02-15 11:55:05

it was actually Ian Goethan that did all the work. I just delegate. And halfway in the stage Ian phones me, now he is the guy that knows everything. His wife just went into labour, he rushed to hospital!  But it was another FANTASTIC day! To those sponsors that didnt want to help cause they saw this as a mickey mouse race- stuff you!

The first break stayed away for 125k's, were caught halfway up the last 15km climb. And a mountain top finish is awesome! Thanks to all the cops for letting guys gutter on the RH side, and closing the pass!

The last guys in the break, Eric Kleynhans, Dean Haupt, Gilbert Quavilliers, David Garrett were caught by mountain biker Johhny Kritzinger. Johhny had a 20 sec gap along with Luthando Kaka when Mike Sowerby attacked the 20 man group. Mike caught the 2 in front, and won the stage in very impressive style.

GC after stage 2.

Sowerby

Kritzinger @ 4sec

Kaka @27sec

Wesseman (winner of stage 1) @ 58sec

Carl Pasio (Maties, suprise, and he can TT) @ 1m08sec

Moolman Welgemoed same time.

Stage 3 is a 26km TT.

Predicted podium: Sowerby, Passio, Wesseman.

TT start 10am at farm stall, kids racing from 8h30.

In 6 weeks time I'm at the Epic, no way I'm organising something now. It interferes with training 20hrs a week and.... I have 4 bonds to pay!! So anyone wanna buy property in Stellenbosch phone! Will talk to ian to do something October. I think this is the most enjoyable event in RSA. Almost moered a few officials that shout at tired riders at the end, dont need them at my event. Otherwise they doing a great job. Dont ask me for results, I'm also waiting. If you not on the podium it doesnt matter anyway.

Groot Lem

Awesome event!Keep at it, you guys are doing something right.

Daai official wat op die ryers geskree het was nou die ander dag nog 'n medic by races, nou wil hy groot meneer speel. Dink nie hy was al ooit op 'n baaisekel nie.

The rider holding onto the truck forgot his shoes at home, was out of the race, he came back as a spectator later, mountain biker Arno Viljoen.

Let me go for a quick hour ride in the mountain, before i entertain the yellow jersey and his team at my house tonite.

Those Equinox bikes, drool.... Maybe a lucky draw for next years event.

Mike Sowerby, the winner today on his nice bike.

The rider holding onto the truck forgot his shoes at home' date=' was out of the race, he came back as a spectator later, mountain biker Arno Viljoen.

Let me go for a quick hour ride in the mountain, before i entertain the yellow jersey and his team at my house tonite.

[/quote']

rreally?

is there an update of yesterday's boxing?

Nice meeting you Auction Lamb! (DAIKIN)

20080215_084847_IMG_2660.jpg

One still has to get used to see Mike without hairs looking out of the back of his helmet... congrats to the success today!

Just wanna add.. The break stayed away for 120km today.... Those guys rode really strong... Dean Hopf won the 3 hot spots on the road, and is wearing the pickfords points jersey. David garret and Gilbert stayed away all the way to 5km from the top of the climb, after going in the break after the 1km mark... wow

Nice meeting you Auction Lamb! (DAIKIN)

20080215_084847_IMG_2660.jpg

Nice meeting you too Ronelle!!!

Now you can put a face to a problem!!LOLWink

The tour was soooo well organised...it just shows if you keep it simple then things go smooth! If you make it complicated then things tend to go wrong.

GREAT TOUR....MOST FRUSTRATED ONE FOR ME!!!!
AuctionLamb2008-02-15 13:12:45