'Wiggle' - lie about weights and cheat on postage.

drillodarryl

Hi All, be careful of Wiggle.. I recently bought a set of wheels from them (Stan's Alpha 340 Pro) and their posted weight was less than the product's website claimed and they 'neglected' to mention that the wheels had a maximum rider weight (200lbs). I then tried to cancel the order within 12 hours of placing it (overnight as well!) and they didn't refuse, they simply didn't cancel the order despite many requests on my part. I have also encountered the wrong data on a Kask helmet that I bought previously. I also paid for 'tracked courier delivery' and still got a delivery from the S.A.Post Office. They ignored all my complaints except to offer to accept a return after I paid for Postage.

those are the like the lightest alloy rims you can get, you didn't expect a max rider weight limit, they're expensive too, didn't you check out the Stan's website to research those wheels?

with wheels you're not paying shipping on actual weight anyway they're bulky items so you would have been charged shipping on a volumetric weight......(in fact didnt you get free postage with your wheels as they are over their threshold for free shipping?)

welcome to the hub.....

Edited by rock

Dont they just ship the wheels for free? I think you get free shipping for a good wheelset but can pay $6 for priority shipping, so just buy a few extra bits and bobs.

those are the like the lightest alloy rims you can get, you didn't expect a max rider weight limit, they're expensive too, didn't you check out the Stan's website to research those wheels?

with wheels you're not paying shipping on actual weight anyway they're bulky items so you would have been charged shipping on a volumetric weight......(in fact didnt you get free postage with your wheels as they are over their threshold for free shipping?)

welcome to the hub.....

Hi Rock, I was prehaps naive to trust Wiggle and only researched after the fact, but I still believe that they intended to deceive... the false information is widespread on their site and you definitely need to research before buying from them.

As for the postage, I wanted my expensive wheels to get the best possible treatment and paid extra for 'tracked courier delivery' but didn't get the upgrade which I paid for. With Chain Reaction, you pay, you get. They seem completely honourable.

Look at it like this, just some extra motivation for you to lose some weight so you can use your new wheels.

Dont they just ship the wheels for free? I think you get free shipping for a good wheelset but can pay $6 for priority shipping, so just buy a few extra bits and bobs.

Hi Bianchisti, they do ship for free, but I chose the most expensive delivery option for my new and expensive wheels and I simply didn't get what I paid for, Chain Reaction have the same option but you get actual courier service to your door.

As for the many false claimed weights in their catalogue, the only logical explanation is that they intend to deceive.

Look at it like this, just some extra motivation for you to lose some weight so you can use your new wheels.

Howzit Wired, ja ja ja. I know I'm still a fat f----. BUT I'M GETTING THERE!! Thanks for the extra motivation.

Keep the wheels and train harder so you can use them else sell them and put the experience down to school fees and learning. In future research before you hit the buy button!

Rule 1 of online shopping: Know what you are buying.

I got wheels from them a few weeks back, delivered through the post office, no issues, no extra charge, and considerably cheaper than local price. Delivery was super quick too.

Will happily order from them again.

If you live in the UK, I think Wiggle is good, returns are easy, they even pay for them!

But from here, not so good, because of returns.

I've bought plenty from them while in the UK and a few times from here (no I live here). Overall they've been pretty good, but there have been some stuff ups.

Trouble is most of the stuff ups have been with orders from here, so a real pain in the A.

But, they should refund your transport costs.If you paid by PayPal, use them.

Howzit Wired, ja ja ja. I know I'm still a fat f----. BUT I'M GETTING THERE!! Thanks for the extra motivation.

Most of us were there at some stage, and for me, it was getting those new gadgets and stuff to kep the motivation going.

Enjoy.

there is no guarantee on free shipping of wheels. it all depends on the courier. I don;t think Wiggle have been shipping internationally long enough to attract th same kind of concessions from their courier as CRC does

Nasty, inaccurate thread title from a first-poster bitching about a supplier.

Its going to have to be a pretty impressive story to get sympathy from that start, and it isnt.

You want the savings of international internet buying, you've got to accept the limitations.

"... their posted weight was less than the product's website claimed" - err that would be a good thing, wouldnt it?

Nasty, inaccurate thread title from a first-poster bitching about a supplier.

Its going to have to be a pretty impressive story to get sympathy from that start, and it isnt.

You want the savings of international internet buying, you've got to accept the limitations.

"... their posted weight was less than the product's website claimed" - err that would be a good thing, wouldnt it?

Only if were true, dunce. Or don't you understand? I don't want or need your sympathy I am only trying to make others aware so that they aren't cheated or misled.

I tried to buy from them some time ago and received an email to say that they did not ship to South Africa, yet there are plenty of people here that have bought from them.