The Oudekraal 1.0 trail on Atlantic Seaboard, Cape Town

Bicyclegear

Fantastic idea, with the right support this can work, great for tourists but my feeling is that Sanparks will say that Mtb'ers have the front of the mountain to ride on and dont need any more track. Nonsense of course, this would go a long way to completing a round the mountain ride

hmm, you've got a hotel, three kramats, a private nature reserve and ww2 historic sites to steer around first.

the terrain is also pretty hectic.

then there's sanparks.

I'd love this to happen, but i think it would be the last piece of the puzzle to go together

cool, would love to eat my words!

So would I (never thought I'd say something like this).

So when's the next Forum meeting?

The EMP was handed to Parks yesterday for review. When we have their feedback there might be some back and forth to get it signed. The next meeting will formally introduce the public to the new EMP and show the possible routes connecting the south to the north for the peninsula route proposal... when is the next meeting? Not sure yet but it will be announced in almost every media.

Fortunately the new doc is based on international trends and standards and builds on previous Parks documents from 2002 and 2008, this would mean the approval should be sooner than later as the content is not entirely new..

Just incase some are not up to speed, the forum was established as part of Parks' requirement to have a single constituted body represent this activity. The same is required of all the other groups, horses, hikers, mushroom pickers, etc.. The need arose out of the concern for the growing numbers of cyclists and the severe shortage of trails and what is existing getting a negative rap due to impact on the trail.