Cobra: Much improved!!!

Lone_Ranger

A few shots of the divert.

Cobra ran straight down and exited between two trails, neither trail getting any benefit.

post-13110-0-09241400-1382261006_thumb.jpg

The plan was to link into Mamba and get Cobra (prev known as Black Eagle) finally part of the Snake trail. Looks so different now..

post-13110-0-35749400-1382261165_thumb.jpg

The link.. (photo credit iRide Africa)

post-13110-0-20013400-1382261217_thumb.jpeg

Also gave the new Cobra a go yesterday while the dream team was at work on the entrance.

What an epic ride! Finally it has some good flow. Top work guys. Getting me even more excited for what is to come with Boomslang!

Here are a few pics of the changes for those who have not ventured all the way up there yet - it will be worth the trip especially for the link into Mamba.

Looking down the trail..

post-13110-0-25385900-1382259847_thumb.jpg

Looking back..

post-13110-0-32597700-1382259869_thumb.jpg

I posted in another thread somewhere that the idea for each section of the Snake trail is to offer some or other quality that when combined in a full run, gives the rider a bit of everything.

Cobra.. the trails starts with tight, tech and twisty rock-lined features that gradually starts to stretch out for more flow. MH, you'll need to work at that technique! :D

Mamba.. continues this flow with a few switching sections and out-the-saddle bursts to regain some height for the next switch descent.

Boomslang.. this will be the long trail traversing the contour with a few gems inserted.

Snake Eyes.. yes it will be worked on and offer some of that old school goodness that many remember. ;)

Rinkhals.. while there is a plan, there is no telling yet what will be approved. However, if recent meetings are any indication of what is to come, your day will be good!

It will have to wait till Dec to try out all these changes and new routes

Well done to you and the other volunteers for all the hard work you put in for the benefit of others

Was so excited by the improvements I rode it twice today!!! Like a good wine it seems to improve with every sip :clap: :clap: .

That rock berm is genius btw!!!! Looks like it was lots of hard work, but absolutely brilliant!!!

OK, so I finally managed to find time to do a proper ride and rolled down the full Cobra on Saturday.

Loved it, it really does flow very nicely. Good work!

Thanks for the positive comments all! We will start revisiting the other Snake trails and Cobra's stone berm as soon as Boomslang is rideable (next) and tweak the few areas still needing attention. The stone berm still needs about an hour and a few of the right shape rocks at the exit. This should make the overall Snake trail quite enjoyable.

Mamba's bite (North Shore) is going to be interesting, surprise coming.