Cobra: Much improved!!!

Lone_Ranger

Just wanted to give KUDOS to Pain or Shine and all guys involved in trail builds at Tokai!!!

I rode the new, improved Cobra for the first time this morning, and it was brilliant!!!! Last time I rode it was probably last year, and it was not a good experience as some parts were almost unrideable and overgrown. Hence I didn't go back till today.

Today a buddy took me up there, and it totally blew my mind what you guys have done up there!! Still tough riding, but just easy enough to challenge me to try and ride all of it next time.

Keep up the good work guys!!!

Thanks Bro! Yeah, we re-did the entry this afternoon just to make it more erosion resistant and to put 2 lines in. One very challenging (drop into a sharp right) and the main line has had its apex moved to make the curve more open and gradual. Lots of rock and dirt moved and it needs watering desperately.

Thanks Bro! Yeah, we re-did the entry this afternoon just to make it more erosion resistant and to put 2 lines in. One very challenging (drop into a sharp right) and the main line has had its apex moved to make the curve more open and gradual. Lots of rock and dirt moved and it needs watering desperately.

Cool. The start was a bit rough, I must say. Can't wait to ride it again next week.

@Armpies, dont you have a couple of grands worth of knee reconstruction lying on that trail?

Edited by Vetseun

Hah, I was going to post about this as well...

Went up there this morning to ride it for the first time, on my first ride with the new XX1/clutch goodies. It's actually a really nice trail, quite tricky on a HT because of the scattered rocks all over the place, but it flows very nicely. That rock "berm" caught me out, it's insanely tight and may need a bit of endo trickery to make it around smoothly.

Now all we need is some wheel loving, it really needs to be run in a bit more, then the lines will start forming nicely.

Great work!

@Armpies, dont you have a couple of grands worth of knee reconstruction lying on that trail?

Haha! Yeah, Vettie, it's not as bad as it could have been. Aggravation of the original injury (torn meniscus) and a few sprained ligaments but it looks as though it won't need surgery. For now.

Will carry on reassessing as it recovers. But for the moment, I sick at running! And it's a bit tender after this afternoon on the trail

Haha! Yeah, Vettie, it's not as bad as it could have been. Aggravation of the original injury (torn meniscus) and a few sprained ligaments but it looks as though it won't need surgery. For now.

Will carry on reassessing as it recovers. But for the moment, I sick at running! And it's a bit tender after this afternoon on the trail

Don't stuff it up by trying too much too soon. Bitter experience tells me that isn't a good idea.

Take your time and do stuff as the knee is ready for because a setback can be long term.

Heal well Mate!

Just wanted to give KUDOS to Pain or Shine and all guys involved in trail builds at Tokai!!!

I rode the new, improved Cobra for the first time this morning, and it was brilliant!!!! Last time I rode it was probably last year, and it was not a good experience as some parts were almost unrideable and overgrown. Hence I didn't go back till today.

Today a buddy took me up there, and it totally blew my mind what you guys have done up there!! Still tough riding, but just easy enough to challenge me to try and ride all of it next time.

Keep up the good work guys!!!

You are very welcome! Thanks to the volunteers, Myles and I'll certainly let Gavin, Brandon, Marlin and Stephan know. They are super guys to have working on the trails... So neat and committed.

Here are a few pics of the changes for those who have not ventured all the way up there yet - it will be worth the trip especially for the link into Mamba.

Looking down the trail..

post-13110-0-25385900-1382259847_thumb.jpg

Looking back..

post-13110-0-32597700-1382259869_thumb.jpg

I posted in another thread somewhere that the idea for each section of the Snake trail is to offer some or other quality that when combined in a full run, gives the rider a bit of everything.

Cobra.. the trails starts with tight, tech and twisty rock-lined features that gradually starts to stretch out for more flow. MH, you'll need to work at that technique! :D

Mamba.. continues this flow with a few switching sections and out-the-saddle bursts to regain some height for the next switch descent.

Boomslang.. this will be the long trail traversing the contour with a few gems inserted.

Snake Eyes.. yes it will be worked on and offer some of that old school goodness that many remember. ;)

Rinkhals.. while there is a plan, there is no telling yet what will be approved. However, if recent meetings are any indication of what is to come, your day will be good!

Edited by Pain or shine