Incidents 'attacks' at the cradle

Lebman

The story about the Krugersdorp cops and jurisdiction also sounds fishy. This isn't the States

Oldest SA cop trick when they have no energy to help, had it before a few times - like wtf and then you go to the branch they say must deal with it and they say no the other okes are responsible for that area...

My wife was riding near the rhino park yesterday by herself when she passed a guy in denims and t shirt and short dreadlocks. As she approached he turned sideways and she could see he had his p......s out and was playing with it while grinning madly. As she cycled past him he made a lunge at her but did not manage to touch her. She rode off as fast as she could. Further on she stopped two ladies on foot and warned them. They seemed to know the guy and said he often sits on the side of the road pretending to fix his bicycle. She stopped in at Muldersdrift Police station to report the incident. They took her name and number. Obviously a nutter but cycling alone is definitely not a good idea.

Numerous occurrences and if these have been reported, why has nothing been done by the police. How will they be able to explain there lack of action after many reports if something more serious happens

Why are all of you so new or inactive to the Hub? And your one post before is also about safety/danger areas?

Maybe I'm just wary but seems like a dodgy thread right here...

I have been warning about this for a long time, and I'm not new to the Hub.

Reading this comment, the 5 stages of loss immediately spring to mind: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance.

You are in the denial stage. The rest will follow as the incidents become more serious, and the "loss" of the Cradle as a safe venue becomes apparent.

Wake up, people. The Cradle is part of SA, with all it's crime and grime. Cyclists who assume they are safe in the Cradle are sadly mistaken.

The story about the Krugersdorp cops and jurisdiction also sounds fishy. This isn't the States

Nope that part is technically correct, if you want to report and incident/something stolen you have to go to the police station where it happened as it falls in their jurisdiction... otherwise they do F all

Nope that part is technically correct, if you want to report and incident/something stolen you have to go to the police station where it happened as it falls in their jurisdiction... otherwise they do F all

Unless it's Linden - they don't mind helping out a bit to the sides of their area, then they transfer the file and follow up to make sure that the "correct" guys are doing their jobs ;-) (at least that is my experience of these guys)

Unless it's Linden - they don't mind helping out a bit to the sides of their area, then they transfer the file and follow up to make sure that the "correct" guys are doing their jobs ;-) (at least that is my experience of these guys)

Oh nice that's good to know, I once lost my phone in PE at a SWC match in 2010, reported the next day as I got back to Cape Town and they decided to make up a story for me instead to avoid the hassle of transferring the case to PE... lovely.

Many times been told to use a different station, I think it's ridiculous

• 8 months later...

Hi there just a warning this flasher idiot is out of his gage again, denims and jacket, same area.