Yeti SB95C, Santa Cruz Tallboy 2, Turner Csar or BMC Fourstroke FS01?

Firewater

The Turner is such a sexy bike!

Interestingly, I have a friend who owned the TB, sold it and went back to a hard tail, then bought a Czar. In comparison he says the TB flexed too much for his liking..

The Czar just got a Lev dropper post so I guess he has found what he is looking for.

The nice thing on the turner is if you run a dropper SP, the cable routing already exists, you just need a double brackets.

The Czar is really stiff laterally, and is built for bigger guys. I swopped to the Turner from a Scalpel, so not sorry at all.

The nice thing on the turner is if you run a dropper SP, the cable routing already exists, you just need a double brackets.

Ripley too. And if you go 1 x then the dropper routing can go partially internal. Vipa for the win, though! It comes std with Stealth routing!

I ride a SC Tallboy LTc, awesome bike, and does not stand back one bit for the standard Tallboy which my wife rides

Only downside for LTc is lack of waterbottle cage in frame, and you need to run 140mm fork at least to make good use of it.

For normal XC tipe riding I'd take the standard Tallboy C, or Czar.

Well, considering I have a long travel 27.5 Ibis Mojo and what I want from my 29er, my list will look like this...

1. Momsen Vipa

2. Ibis Ripley

3. Turner Czar

4. Tallboy

5. Yeti

7. Fourstroke

Should I have to replace both with one 29er it will look like this

1. Ibis Ripley

2. BMC Trailfox

3. Rocky Mountain Instinct MSL BC Edition

4. Intense Carbine 29er

5. too many good bikes out there at the moment to really decide.

Oh YESSS!

http://www.bikes.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/models/INSTINCT-970-MSL-BC-Model.jpg?itok=pbBE7SiK

I am also a big guy and also looking for a higher end carbon bike. My major issue is the strength of the frame. The feedback I got was that the SC Tallboy is the way to go. I'd really like to know if people disagree with this and why. I don't want to make a mistake here.

I am also a big guy and also looking for a higher end carbon bike. My major issue is the strength of the frame. The feedback I got was that the SC Tallboy is the way to go. I'd really like to know if people disagree with this and why. I don't want to make a mistake here.

Not sure what "big guy" constitutes, but you'll be okay on any of the bike's on the OP's list. Maybe the least so on the BMC. Spez Epic, Cannondale Scalpel, Merida Team Carbon and the likes you will want to avoid.

Edited by The Crow