Amashova registration

E1A104

Mate just go down and ride it if you have paid over good money to enter. I.e ride without your number and tell anyone who cares to ask that you will be picking up your number at the finish!!! Let them try and work that out??? And then next year tell em to stuff their race and tell 10 of your ride buddies to do the same.......strength lies in numbers and this sport has for far too long exploited the very people who support it.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone organising big races in SA has ever exploited anyone.  If they had the numbers wouldn't have kept growing, and the organisers would be rich.  How many wealthy road race organisers do you know?

But, I am with you on the inconvenience.  The organisers would probably arrange to drop numbers off at the place you are staying - they have done that in the past - but obviously not everyone can make use of that system as it soon it becomes logistically impossible.

Perhaps if the expo was made worthwile then more riders would want to visit the expo and the problem would be solved.  The fact is, expo's in SA are a joke.  The official suppliers and distributors in this country do not have stands at all the expo's.  There is very seldom anything innovative going on at the expo's and they end up being flea-market style display stands for the local bike shops.  Frankly, an organisation like Sportsman's Warehouse has no place at something like an expo.  That would be like Walmart, Carrefour or Texco running a stand at Eurobike.

In so far as exploitation is concerned ....do a calculation in the costs of living in Joburg and say entering the Argus against entering the tour of Mauritius. You will be strangely suprised in that the cost of going to Mauritius is not much more expensive! How is this possible if not for the mother city ripping us to pieces?

Um...since when did the travel industry respresent the sport.  You said the sport is exploiting those that support it.

Besides - the Argus costs me about R800 for flights, accomodation and entry.  My airport tax to Mauritius is more than that.

You're lucky, we used to live in a shoe-box in the middle of the road  (oops different forum, different thread) Big%20smile 

The last time i checked, I was quoted a bit less that R 700.00 just for place to stay and a return flight was just over R 1.5 K, so please give me the name of your travel agent, please.

Comming from Bleom have the same problem of not wanting to go to Durban for my number. They have a service to deliver your number fro you at home at a cost of R65 . Had it done last year and it works fine. I know it is extra money but for the convienance I pay.

Comming from Bleom have the same problem of not wanting to go to Durban for my number. They have a service to deliver your number fro you at home at a cost of R65 . Had it done last year and it works fine. I know it is extra money but for the convienance I pay.

Yes, I know, but I had already entered thinking as per the last two years we would be able to collect the numbers in Johannesburg, so did not elect the facility - otherwise I would have.I have no issues with the race - I really enjoy it, but I am not doing a Durban and back round trip on Sat evening to see a few retailers pedalling cheap tubes and pumps.

I must say I am also disappointed in that I have requested information from the organisers about collecting in Johannesburg or Pietermaritzburg and have not recieved a reply (about 4 days now), so much for customer service.!! - even a "will come back to you later" would have sufficed.

They are welcome to my R200.00 odd rand this year, maybe they can put the 100% profit from it (as I wont be riding and have cancelled my Hotel accomodation as well)................ towards a new customer liason consultant.!

Did a few years back when it cost R100, the next year it jumped to R200. Not sure what it cost now.

Widget as i recall you ride Lic and therefore cannot use that delivery system anyway.

scotty2006-09-08 02:26:47

You can ask for delivery service after you have entered. You just mail them and they send you a form to complete .

Widget as i recall you ride Lic and therefore cannot use that delivery system anyway.

Yes, licensed Vets Scotty, I think you are right we cant use the delivery system.!!

I have never had the need to try before. 

widget - unfortunately licenced riders have to collect from registration 'cos they check the licence so no delivery possible.

That must be one of the most anal rules in CSA.  Seems bizarre - you get your license number and CSA link it to an ID number.  You enter a race online/offline and the ID number and license number are required fields.  Surely a simple database lookup would prevent the hassle. 

Linnega,

I'd love to be in your racing shoes..clits.

How is it possible you get those discounts?

That must be one of the most anal rules in CSA.  Seems bizarre - you get your license number and CSA link it to an ID number.  You enter a race online/offline and the ID number and license number are required fields.  Surely a simple database lookup would prevent the hassle.

"Most "anal" rules?

Linnega, do me an absolute favour.

I've got no idea who you are. I've got no idea who you represent. Are you in fact one of the problems?  

Talking, giving shaait and not getting involved? Or are you involved?

What I've seen from you're postings, you must be someone thats been involved in this (minority) sport for quite some time. Send me a private message. Then we can talk not only sence, but we can argue about cycling, canoeing, rugby, tennis, golf, bowls, athletics, snowboarding, sky-diving, bungi etc.