[Event] CORONATION DOUBLE CENTURY

Tpp

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to compare.

Entry= r6000 for Team= r500 per rider. Sponsored.

Riding Kit= Sponsored.

Accommodation = two nights r250.

Transport to and back = cycled to the Town.

Food and Eats for Weekend = r280

Extra's = Fitted bits and pieces on the bike before leaving Cape Town= r200

Total for Weekend Experience=r730.

Mine was as follow:

I only had to fill up, R450...got me there and back and then R50 for 'padkos' so it cost me R500...training I had to do anyway for races.

My kit, entry, food and accomodation was sponsored.

Edited by MTB_Roadie

Completed my second DC this year and it is fast becoming my favourite event on the cycling calender.

A great team makes all the difference and that is exactly what we had this year. We rolled home in 7:24 with all 12 team members.

The weather was also so much better than last year.

Can't wait for next year's event.

Why does the racetec results show HotChillee in 7th? Were they not on the podium in 3rd?

Racetec just being a little slow to update things.

From my reply here:

As CrashTestDummy has already stated - the result was queried, we went to the commissar's office and had to identify the six (6) riders that they had footage of crossing the line. Nicolas - the 6th rider - only received a chip on the startline, and so he wasn't picked up by the mats. There is a paper trail, and the commissars are more than happy with the result.

Racetec just being a little slow to update things.

From my reply here:

As CrashTestDummy has already stated - the result was queried, we went to the commissar's office and had to identify the six (6) riders that they had footage of crossing the line. Nicolas - the 6th rider - only received a chip on the startline, and so he wasn't picked up by the mats. There is a paper trail, and the commissars are more than happy with the result.

CrashTestDummy should have had your team DQ'ed for him needing to suck wheel from a team of mountain bikers, I think that I will lodge a protest, but first I need to protest that my protest is late, this race is so unfair

CrashTestDummy should have had your team DQ'ed for him needing to suck wheel from a team of mountain bikers, I think that I will lodge a protest, but first I need to protest that my protest is late, this race is so unfair

He did redeem himself once he rediscovered some legs by pushing people up hills towards the end. In retrospect, we should probably be disqualified for that too - helping a team illegally make position 193rd their own.

I'm going to preemptively post my medal back to the Cycle Tour Trust - clearly we are a bunch of lying, cheating hoodlums that almost got away with the biggest scam in Western Cape recreational cycling since the Liss incident.

Mine was as follow:

I only had to fill up, R450...got me there and back and then R50 for 'padkos' so it cost me R500...training I had to do anyway for races.

My kit, entry, food and accomodation was sponsored.

And memories: Priceless ;)

PS Thanks for the "Yes yes hello!", passing me up Tradouw!