[Event] CORONATION DOUBLE CENTURY

Tpp

Event Name: CORONATION DOUBLE CENTURY
When: 23 November 2013
Where: Swellendam show grounds, Western Cape
Category: Road

The Coronation Double Century, a challenging 202 km team cycling event renowned for its camaraderie and team spirit, will take place on Saturday, 23 November 2013, starting and finishing in the historic Karoo town of Swellendam.

Celebrating its 21st birthday, the Coronation Double Century is limited to 200 teams, with up to twelve cyclists competing per team. The challenging route passes through areas of the Overberg including Montagu, the Tradouw Pass and the tough 7km Op De Tradouw.

For event-related queries, please contact the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust Events Office on (021) 681 4333 during office hours. Alternatively follow @TheCoronationDC on Twitter for regular updates.

Go to Event Page

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kit has arrived and legs are feeling good for this year! Also ridden a lot more as a team this year than in previous years! Sub 6 here we come :ph34r: :w00t:

Surprised there is not more banter on this thread, really amped for it. Just gotta write the PPE on the Wednesday before and I am there :)

Training basically under the belt now. Last hard ride yesterday. Now starting to taper for the big day. Team kit ready, team admin (hopefully) done. Started praying for a cool, overcast windless day. We'll see.

Kit has arrived and legs are feeling good for this year! Also ridden a lot more as a team this year than in previous years! Sub 6 here we come :ph34r: :w00t:

Our team did a good ride this weekend , will be first time as a team , will be riding in our normal club kit but will be looking for 06:00 to 06:30 as well. Hope the wind a bit less than last year.

I got 2445m

In a nutshell.......that 2445 m climbing, 202 km, and the fact that our combined age equals geological time, is why we are aiming for 8 hours and praying for a good cool windless day. If the snakes benefit too, that's OK with us racing tortoises. :thumbup:

Age should not be to much of factor Last year our oldest rider did 7:38 @66 years old.

This year a different team avg around 40 years aiming at 06:00

Started praying for a cool, overcast windless day. We'll see.

Just like the day we had last year ... :whistling:

Hi all,

Sorry excuse my ignorance but why is this event only for teams and not single entries aswell?