2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The riders are climbing the Briançon side of the Izoard. It's considered the easier of the two sides, but don't let that fool you. It starts with a manageable 6% at the bottom, but hits almost 10% in the final 5km of the climb.

The leaders are just about to hit the top of the Izoard and they've been reduced to 12 men now, with several riders dropping out the back. Thomas is currently leading them with a 3:03 gap ont he peloton.

Back in the peloton, NatApp are still on the front with Astana sitting just behind them. Peter Sagan is about to be spat out the back of the pelron now.

Démare is getting some attention from the medical car. At least it is much cooler today than it was yesterday or the stomach problems may have put an end to his race very early on.

De Marchi looking splendid with his red number as most combative from yesterday's stage

Roche, Edet and Taaramae have all been dropped from the leading group and Moinard looks like he could be the next victim. Only 10 men left in the front group now. They still have a gap of 3:07.

Rodriguez takes up the lead and drives towards the KOM point. He gets the full 25 points and a neat 5,000 euros to take home. He now has the polka-dot jersey back for real this time.

AG2R set the pace for a little bit on the climb, with Bardet sitting second wheel. He gets a drink and moves back a little bit, Astana resume their work on the front of the group.

!!!

Bardet has gone ont he attack on this descent and has put a small distance between himself and Nibali. That's no mean feat.