2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JIp....saw that......will be looking out for them in the near future. Sept is not too far away

Ja those Collarbones look very cool. Concerned about the new warranty though. Apparently they break easily and might only last a stage...

sagan took the wrong line and came second AGAIN !

Upon reflection; I think the Cannondale DS should be kicked in the nuts. Their tactics have not seemed to work out for them. There is no point for a rider to attempt to ride away from a peleton on a descent, especially if he is a marked rider like Sagan is; they just won't let him get away. He's tried this a number of times during this tour without success. Their lead-out tram also seems to go astray in the finale and seems to be outmuscled by the sprint trains.

"Wow! What a day. It actually started out great, but finished just crazy. My parents are here and we had a great time watching the World Cup last night, and of course I am elated that my countrymen won!

And then this morning before the start, my team told me that there was a surprise for me at the start. I was like, “Who? What? Me?” And when I got there, there was Christian Prudhomme and Bernard Hinault waiting for me. Prudhomme gave me this really flattering introduction and then Bernard brought out six yellow jerseys in different sizes and each one had the name of one my children. What an amazing surprise! I just felt so honored that the Tour de France would do something like that for me. It was really, really flattering..."

Jens

post-12015-0-12071500-1405615409_thumb.jpg

RE tomorrow:

Contrary to what some might think when looking at the route, this is a mountain stage, and the favorties will be mistaken if they take it lightly. Most of the day’s difficulties are concentrated in the final 50 kilometers, beginning with the ascent of an unknown pass, the Col de Palaquit, as the riders approach the final hour of racing. It certainly won’t be a walk in the park: 14.1km of climbing with plenty of testing ramps. It could produce a big selection before the final climb towards Montée de Chamrousse, which extends to 18.2km at an average of 7.3 percent.

Outside of the Tour de France there is some sad news as British cycling legend Brian Robinson has been hospitalised after getting hit by a car on a training ride. Robinson was the first Briton to finish the Tour de France, doing so in 1955.

Wow, and still a cyclist at heart after all these years.

Just incredible, bad news but incredible.

I still maintain, Valverde will pounce and Nibbles / Arsetana will fade (unless they get another blood transfusion which their good at sans Armstrong)

they should consider fines or baning to the guys who throw away waterbottles - litterbugs!

It's an old tour ritual, and to be honest that is one of the reasons the supporters scatter the sides of the road, everyone wants a piece of LeTour memorabilia.

Just saw this... quite classic.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/c533d255ff609ec66991231f9c19036f/tumblr_n7zolq8uoV1rqrqs1o1_500.jpg

For todays winner. The Salmon Killer!

http://33.media.tumblr.com/5726ad2a5595dbfaf79e60bcded67a48/tumblr_n2zrus2ryj1rqrqs1o1_500.jpg

The problem is this: if you wait in the peloton and if riders attack in the final, the others look at you and say that you should chase because you are the sprinter.

If you are in the front, as Sagan was yesterday, and you get to the very important moments, when somebody attacks they look for you to close the gap. That was exactly the situation yesterday – with Kwiatkowski there, you could see Sagan was having words with him and trying to get him to ride.

It is a similar situation which I experienced a lot in my career. It is an awful pain in the butt.

So what can Peter Sagan do differently? I think he needs one or two riders of his team in the final to help him control things. However the problem is that when his team rides all day behind the break to keep the break’s advantage to the minimum, then in the end he is going to be isolated.

It is a difficult situation; you could see that yesterday nobody else wanted to ride and so Sagan’s Cannondale team had to try to control the breakaway.

They could try and play a bit of a bluff…Degenkolb was there yesterday, and ended up getting second on the stage. If they started playing the tactic saying that they were not riding, then they would probably get more teams to contribute. It’s a gamble, it’s a risk, but it’s one which could pay off for them.

Sean Kelly, on the frustrations of Sagaaan

Any news on the grippel and chavenel( mind the spelling ). Semi handbags thats were thrown?

I still maintain, Valverde will pounce and Nibbles / Arsetana will fade (unless they get another blood transfusion which their good at sans Armstrong)

But Vincenzo has a big advantage, and he has shown consistency in the past when the going gets tough in the mountains, Maybe Valverde will be best of the rest.

Archived