Rave - Wynns - Clean Green

Sportsworld.co.za

I was chatting to a friend who's a bike mechanic on the way to the One Tonner on Sunday, and funny enough, the topic of bikes came up.

I asked him what do they use in the shop to clean the bikes and he said they used something called 'Clean Green' which is sold in Builders Warehouse (or as my son calls it - Daddy's Warehouse).

I got some today and I have to say I am really impressed. I diluted it down to about 10 parts to 1 with water (even though you don't have to) and sprayed it onto my cassette.

I left it there a couple of minutes and then just rinsed it off using the hose and the grime literally just washed away. For the more stubborn bits, and nooks and crannies, I used a toothbrush with it and it really did work.

I then washed the whole bike with it and it's what I'm going to be using from now on.

I think for R35 it's a bit of a bargain.

Just thought I'd let you guys know.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get prepsol rather.

Trust me

How much and who sells Prepsol.

I used it before , it is a winner - is it an emulsifier?

How much and who sells Prepsol.

I used it before , it is a winner - is it an emulsifier?

R22 for a 500ml last a few washes.

Sold at builders,Autozone or any hardware store.

Works out even better to buy a 5 or 20L.

R22 for a 500ml last a few washes.

Sold at builders,Autozone or any hardware store.

Works out even better to buy a 5 or 20L.

That's not bad, I've been using Wynns 30sec mag cleaner - best ever but it's R50 for 750ml

I also use Clean Green - also used Prepsol in the past. Prefer Clean Green for cleaning parts ON the bike, use paraffin or engine cleaner for parts OFF the bike.

I put 50-100ml (never actually measure) in 1/3 bucket of warm water and that does the whole bike with ease!!! :thumbup:

• 1 year later...