Road tire, 29er MTB rim

Andymann

Seeing as they are shooting people riding MTB now in Pta East, I'm going to have to put my MTB on the indoor trainer until the crap dies down (hopefully).

I have a spare set of wheels, so is it possible to fit a 700 x25C Road tire on an Alex/Syncros Mtb rim?

Thought about that, but on the odd occasion that I might want to do a road ride on the mtb ( :eek: ) then I don't want to have to take of the tire again. I suppose I cant have my cake and eat it.

Thought about that, but on the odd occasion that I might want to do a road ride on the mtb ( :eek: ) then I don't want to have to take of the tire again. I suppose I cant have my cake and eat it.

What about a cheapy rear road wheel for the mtb....should work or am I missing something.

What about a cheapy rear road wheel for the mtb....should work or am I missing something.

I tried that, but the road wheel spacing is 135mm I think, and my MTB frame is 143mm - I was a bit wary of bending the chainstays too much.

yeah, works. have done the exact same and did the Argus with it.. before getting a road bike finally..

Thanks! Thought it shouldn't be a problem.....

thinking of getting a IDT myself...looking at the bushido or vortex...seems the bushido doesn't come with software but it is wireless...any feedback?

thinking of getting a IDT myself...looking at the bushido or vortex...seems the bushido doesn't come with software but it is wireless...any feedback?

Don't do it!! Dis 'n wit olifant wat jy een of twee keer gaan gebruik

Don't do it!! Dis 'n wit olifant wat jy een of twee keer gaan gebruik

Bang daarvoor want dis baie geld...

My thinking is cancel my gym subscription....and use the money to buy an IDT for some of my weekday interval session where I would normally go to the gym, this is not to replace my weekend rides but only to substitute my gym spinning sessions.

Pro's

I have a cool new toy

I can do power based training

Will be saving my monthly gym subscription

Con's

Initial outlay

Wear / tear and device issues are mine...not the gym's

The powercal ones also look very good...slightly more expensive though.

My thinking is cancel my gym subscription....and use the money to buy an IDT for some of my weekday interval session where I would normally go to the gym, this is not to replace my weekend rides but only to substitute my gym spinning sessions.

Pro's

I have a cool new toy

Con's

Initial outlay

If not for my IDT I would most probably never train . Now at least I jump onto it twice a month

Pro's

I have a cool new toy

Con's

Initial outlay

I have the blue motion and then use my tablet with sufferfest. Works well. If you dont have videos then it does get boring. Use mine 2 times a week in the mornings

Edited by flat29

I have the blue motion and then use my tablet with sufferfest. Works well. If you dant have videos then it does get boring

My plan is to get the bushido and some sufferfests.....beats the crap out of my current setup at gym