Road tire, 29er MTB rim

Andymann

My plan is to get the bushido and some sufferfests.....beats the crap out of my current setup at gym

+1 stopped my gym contract cause the spinning class was not enough. sufferfest angels will kick your arse as a climbing

option. No spinning class had me crying yet but sufferfest will make you call your mommy

My plan is to get the bushido and some sufferfests.....beats the crap out of my current setup at gym

indoors on a trainer beats spinning ,you can do your own thing(more a focused workout)take some motivation do more the 2 sessions a week(think there spinning is better-the social side)

Bang daarvoor want dis baie geld...

My thinking is cancel my gym subscription....and use the money to buy an IDT for some of my weekday interval session where I would normally go to the gym, this is not to replace my weekend rides but only to substitute my gym spinning sessions.

Pro's

I have a cool new toy

I can do power based training

Will be saving my monthly gym subscription

No-one is going to shoot at you while you train. Unless you are busy training to Grand Theft Auto V

Con's

Initial outlay

Wear / tear and device issues are mine...not the gym's

The powercal ones also look very good...slightly more expensive though.

Don't do it!! Dis 'n wit olifant wat jy een of twee keer gaan gebruik

Bwahahahaha we have a set of rollers, used as a place to hang cycling clothes after a ride and one of those floor standing triangle magodies that is used as an expensive bike stand most of the time ..... having said that on those few occasions that it rains for a few days on end or it is just too damn cold they have come in handy :ph34r:

There - added another Pro.....

Very valid point Andy...at least till the dust settles a bit.

Ok quick one....bushido or vortex, if it was your money and why?

Very valid point Andy...at least till the dust settles a bit.

Ok quick one....bushido or vortex, if it was your money and why?

Difficult one - I deliberated at length before I decided on the Vortex - I really wanted the equivalent of a power-meter, without paying the R15K of a power-meter - and at R7K the Vortex was exactly that. Probably not as bling as the Bushido, but for me it's fit for purpose.

Difficult one - I deliberated at length before I decided on the Vortex - I really wanted the equivalent of a power-meter, without paying the R15K of a power-meter - and at R7K the Vortex was exactly that. Probably not as bling as the Bushido, but for me it's fit for purpose.

My thoughts exactly...plus you get the software with the vortex but not with the bushido. I am not interested in the VR stuff so much, just the software that allows you to export...would have been cool if the vortex could transmit to my edge 500 but alas, exporting to .hrm file and then into sporttracks will do.

The bushido is wireless which is nice and has a stronger brake though.

Picked up a 700 x 28C Kenda slick from Bester Cycles on the weekend - R115!!!! Works like a dream. I'm seriously looking at going to buy one for the front and using them on the road - not even nails are going to pass thorough those Wellington boots.....