Ibis Mojo HDR 650b - Build & Review

Iwan Kemp

If the clothes were clean then you caved too early.

I wanted to buy some pedals this week but the wife made such a fuss over the need to eat I was forced to give in (I will sneak out and get the pedals next week when she isn't looking...)

I'll take you there if you need to... Business meeting and all that.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take you there if you need to... Business meeting and all that.

Annoyingly every time I see a set I like they hit *out of stock* status within 24 hours. I was interested in the ones you sent the link for - out of stock now. Liked the look of another set, went back to check the price later and... Out of stock.

Only ones left? The most expensive set they have. I have a feeling that if I get the money they wont be available either.

Jonty Neethling has a brand new one in the box going "cheap" I was going to get it but my wife decided we wanted a new washing washing more.

Yeah, so it got inducted into our family instead ;)

That's one of the alternates I was looking at and is half the price of local (don't know about postage & duties etc though).

With postage it comes to R 548 or so. Duties - add 15.4% to that and a clearance fee of approx R 30 if you use normal tracked postage and not DHL.

So all in all - about R 625 or so.

With postage it comes to R 548 or so. Duties - add 15.4% to that and a clearance fee of approx R 30 if you use normal tracked postage and not DHL.

So all in all - about R 625 or so.

R845 locally at Diald Bikes.

Hmm, how long do these things take to get here...

Edit - Scratch that - looking at the wrong model. R545 at Diald but out of stock

Edited by marko35s

I wash looking at these and liking the price -

http://www.chainreac...dals/rp-prod563

My Momsen AL329 came with a similar looking set of Wellgo's. They don't have the replacable pins but rather small raised bumps part of the pedals mould, which are too short. I have been considering drilling and tapping the pedal to install a slightly taller pin, will still do it I reckon.

My well go ppedal itself is solid, I've had a couple of rock strikes (poor technique when I start getting tired) and they have held up really well. For that price I would definately get those unless you're looking for the bragging rights from the flashy Nukeproofs.

Maybe try to find someone who wants a pair too and split the postage and customs.

Found this DIY link and it's exactly what I have been planning on doing except mine has never had pins so I will buff the bumps down, drill and tap holes and then insert a 4mm or 5mm bolt to protrude maybe 4 or 5mm above the pedal surface. Don't want to much so that it damages my 5/10's soles.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Tech-Tuesday-Pedal-Pin-Retrofit-2011.html

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

SK - Those ones do have replaceable pins. SO yeah - they're good to go, mark... I was just unsure about the spindle compatability, being 9/16" and all that, but all modern bikes and cranks on MTB's and road bikes are that size.

SWIIIIPE!!!

Incl postage & duties, those will come to about R 350.

SK - Those ones do have replaceable pins. SO yeah - they're good to go, mark... I was just unsure about the spindle compatability, being 9/16" and all that, but all modern bikes and cranks on MTB's and road bikes are that size.

SWIIIIPE!!!

Incl postage & duties, those will come to about R 350.

When the next cash comes in I will see how much I get away with not declaring to the wife.

Plus my list of "needs" is growing daily -

New tyre (or two)

Shorter stem

Pedals

Longer travel fork

And there was this dropper post I saw...

I feel the need to add -

It wasn't that long ago that I, in my innocence, thought that all you needed was a cheap bike and a mountain to have fun.

But now you lot have got to me with your expensive ways and your constant upgrade paths. You will be the ruin of me :lol: