Hope Brake Appreciation Thread

patches

Too much to think about, time for a lunch brake, Hope there is some food in the fridge.

I thought your whole day was a lunch break. Shouldn't you be taking a work break?

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I do DH and buy Avid brakes do I still have a midlife crisis?

What if I have Hopes on my AM bike? This is all so confusing.

If you push your bike more than you ride it, yes

Guest Omega Man

Sweet thanks for the heads up.

Well that is really the thing, I like ghetto bleeds...its quick and easy, requires a bit of finesse and oil will go all over your bars and levers...quick and easy no need for special clamps and sheet. Dot goes in everywhere, eats pretty paint and makes the anodising look kuk, mineral oil keeps everything perfect.

But the real dealbreaker with dot is its love affair with moisture the rest I can bear.

OK - boffins? here's a question for you...

I know about the DOT fluid that will destroy rubbers (Mineral oil systems) etc etc.

but what will happen if I swap my dot system with mineral oil? surely the DOT resilient rubbers will not be affected by mineral oil? Or are the inherent hydraulic action of the two types of oils so different that they are not inter changeable?

{hi-jack off}

Guest Omega Man

I know about the DOT fluid that will destroy rubbers (Mineral oil systems) etc etc.

but what will happen if I swap my dot system with mineral oil? surely the DOT resilient rubbers will not be affected by mineral oil? Or are the inherent hydraulic action of the two types of oils so different that they are not inter changeable?

{hi-jack off}

Isn't the one quite a lot thicker than the other?

Guest Omega Man

Are you sure we are talking about brake fluid?

haha. viscous. Hows that?

I push uphill and ride it down...does it count then too?

(Or when does one use ones brakes?)

Now I have a huge problem.

I have to walk most tree sections or else i use the trees to stop me = Problem walking

So mb I should get some Hope brakes to stop me before i hit the trees = Problem owning hopes

damn, I have a midlife crisis either way :cursing:

Guest Omega Man

When we in France hanging our bikes on the lifts do we get a "hall pass" from our mid life crisis?

haha, you're a chick with a Mans midlife crisis :clap:

OK...so WHAT colour is your hair?? :ph34r: :ph34r:

I've always only had the greatest admiration for you with your superior knowledge of all things mechanical...till now...your lubricant knowledge failure was a severe setback for me!!! Who's gonna be me new idol?? :whistling:

According to my hairdresser I am going grey :mellow:

But I was actually waiting for some wise person to tell me "brake fluid isn't a lubricant"...... :whistling:

You let me down on your reply...

{hi-jack off}

Eish fluid mechanics....no clue. Don't think its advisable though. Just do the right thing and buy Saints from the start...no worries

According to my hairdresser I am going grey :mellow:

But I was actually waiting for some wise person to tell me "brake fluid isn't a lubricant"...... :whistling:

You let me down on your reply...

I beg to differ, you should see how that stuff reduces friction :whistling: