How to decide if i should get a road bike

Active Monkey

Also - the rush from cornering hard with knobblies on the tar is hard to beat! It's like driving an overloaded truck with flat tyres over ice. Drunk. And high.

Yip MTB frames are built to carry extra beer so that beats all other arguments. THREAD CLOSED!!!! :whistling:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yip MTB frames are built to carry extra beer so that beats all other arguments. THREAD CLOSED!!!! :whistling:

And....seconded!

ps: you better not be riding "those wheels" on the road! They will throw you off - part of the design you know.

And....seconded!

ps: you better not be riding "those wheels" on the road! They will throw you off - part of the design you know.

The trick is to never take off all the mud on the tyres, thereby tricking those Citec wheels to think that they are on the dirt? Apparantly does not work on the 2014 models. He He!!!

Eldron

Can you please send me some information regarding the wheels Kritzie is talking about?

I just need to know what Im in for should the time be right, don't want to waste your time but would like to get an indication at least. 26"

Thanks

Eldron

Can you please send me some information regarding the wheels Kritzie is talking about?

I just need to know what Im in for should the time be right, don't want to waste your time but would like to get an indication at least. 26"

Thanks

You got PM!

I did 3 100km road races with my MTB .Then I bought the road bike and did one race .My average speed and end position was actually better with the mtb .What you lose out on the flats ,you gain on the climbs with a mtb .I found the mtb riding position is a much stronger and comfortable when climbing .So on the flat races you make up a lot of time on the road bike ,but the hilly ones it evens out .The biggest advantage of road bike is the slipstreaming on the flat sections ,where a mtb,s gearing drops u .Will be doing 94.7 on road bike for the first time ,hoping to ride under 3h ?

Guest Latent Blue

My main disiple is MTB.

You're an evangelist to?

I did 3 100km road races with my MTB .Then I bought the road bike and did one race .My average speed and end position was actually better with the mtb?

I promise you, you are doing something wrong....

Doing the Argus on the mtb my average speed was 28km/h (often found myself being dropped by groups because I'm spinning out), year later on the road bike it was 35km/h - about the same fitness levels

The trick is to never take off all the mud on the tyres, thereby tricking those Citec wheels to think that they are on the dirt? Apparantly does not work on the 2014 models. He He!!!

Never underestimate ze chermans!

Next year's models come standard with automated tar flattening...

I promise you, you are doing something wrong....

+1

There is no way an mtb is faster than a road bike on the road. Even worse if it has knobblies on.

Maybe the 3 mtb races were in Vanderbijlpark and the 1 road race in the alps?