You hope your brakes look as good as Shimano XTR

Guest Travis.

I don't see the resemblance

Because there isn't one. But it did take Shitmano 3 years to come out with brakes that Avid did in 2010. Then found they overheated so they included some plastic looking fin thingy's to BS their customers about HiTech cooling technology so they could charge more for a product that should be sold on the shelves of Massmart.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Agreed.

Anyway, as I was saying... Saint over XTR for me

Yeah. Me too. Love the new Saint stuff. I have to say the Zee stuff is DAMN well priced and if the derailleur I have on my bike is anything to go by the rest of the stuff is really good too.

Because there isn't one. But it did take Shitmano 3 years to come out with brakes that Avid did in 2010. Then found they overheated so they included some plastic looking fin thingy's to BS their customers about HiTech cooling technology so they could charge more for a product that should be sold on the shelves of Massmart.

I take it you're not a fan?

You signature explains your ignorance.

Shimano had the best brakes when disk brakes hit the MTB market.

Their XT's were unrivaled and it took many manufacturers a long time to catch up to them.

The next step was Magura, those original Louis and Marta brakes were superb.

They all seem to go through their phases., if there is one thing however Shimano have been pretty constant with, it is their brakes.

Guest Travis.

Hey I have a plan. Let's all ignore Wyatt TwEarp and his sidekick Tevez. Eventually they'll go away and we can all resume the pleasant banter about which brakes we like.

Aren't you the oke who has to remind everyone that you went to France in every 2nd post?

Yeah. Me too. Love the new Saint stuff. I have to say the Zee stuff is DAMN well priced and if the derailleur I have on my bike is anything to go by the rest of the stuff is really good too.

Exactly where I am. If I don't go Hope Tech 3 V4 on the DH whip.

Interesting enough Saint is R1950 per end compared to ZEE at R1750 per end. Hope V4 is R2310 per end.

I will however spend the R1000 extra for the Hope of the ZEE.

Guest Omega Man

Interesting enough Saint is R1950 per end compared to ZEE at R1750 per end. Hope V4 is R2310 per end.

All good choices I reckon. I'm thinking of throwing some Saints on my DH bike. Go for a full Saint setup. I'd love that.

Have a look on the Merlin site (http://www.merlincycles.com/) you can pickup the f&r Hope Tech 3 V4 Disc Brakes with braided housing for under 250 Pound including shipping

Guest Omega Man

That is seriously cheap. R4500 landed cost.

DAMMIT! Now I might have to pull the trigger on that.

DAMMIT! Now I might have to pull the trigger on that.

Might be perfect for that place in that country that we aren't allowed to talk about.