Dirtopia Enduro #3

niterider

I'm also hoping for some serious sections that need chicken runs for some riders. I need to get used to riding again after months of inactivity.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say I hope Enduro in SA steers clear of the European concept of Enduro which is basically to ride various stages of gnarly DH runs without jumps on your trail bike. It's just getting a bit nuts from what I've seen on the EWS videos.

I like the idea of technical, but still have a clear gap between Enduro and DH.

I'd rather say, stay clear of the RSA 29'er dumb down scott specialized mindset... Thats the whole idea of enduro is it not? Im not riding with the extra 160mm just to go fast on a jeep track;)

On another note, what is this amarider thing, want to go ride, but dont ussualy race or know the etiquette. I just usually ride, but this looks fun.

Can you get tags there, or how does this work?

I'd rather say, stay clear of the RSA 29'er dumb down scott specialized mindset... Thats the whole idea of enduro is it not? Im not riding with the extra 160mm just to go fast on a jeep track;)

On another note, what is this amarider thing, want to go ride, but dont ussualy race or know the etiquette. I just usually ride, but this looks fun.

Can you get tags there, or how does this work?

yes, you can 'hire' the tags for the event, but you must sign up and specify what you want. 100 rider limit for the 2 day event.

+1 deviate

like.... will we maybe be getting a schedule or register of route descriptions in advance? something that states elevation gain/loss; lliason, SS and shuttle points etc.

probably wishful thinking i suppose...

you know what: dont over think this. Go ride various trails in the interim, and join the rest of us on the day of the event to find out what's there. it will be the same for everyone. Challenge yourself, enjoy the experience.

you know what: dont over think this. Go ride various trails in the interim, and join the rest of us on the day of the event to find out what's there. it will be the same for everyone. Challenge yourself, enjoy the experience.

:thumbup:

yes, you can 'hire' the tags for the event, but you must sign up and specify what you want. 100 rider limit for the 2 day event.

Is it 2 days or 1?

stay clear of the RSA 29'er dumb down scott mindset...

Just for that comment, I reckon I may just come out of retirement for a short while that weekend and join in the fun on my version of an enduro machine:

post-3655-0-39297200-1383686203_thumb.jpg

Just for that comment, I reckon I may just come out of retirement for a short while that weekend and join in the fun on my version of an enduro machine:

post-3655-0-39297200-1383686203_thumb.jpg

my eyes! Haha

Nice thing about enduro, no one can prescribe what you should ride:)

Nice parts on there!

Is it 2 days or 1?

it is 2 days, but you can do a single day, either one. Single day event, Sunday 24 November as per the website,. Thanks for pointing that out Flowta.

Edited by Capricorn

it is 2 days, but you can do a single day, either one.

No, this one is ONLY 1 day, Sunday 24 November.

No, this one is ONLY 1 day, Sunday 24 November.

then i stand corrected. and checked website again and confirmed, if only for myself. thanks flowta.

Definitely not arguing for a dumbing down of courses. Please see my comments on the run up to the UCI Worlds.

I take the point of speed making it gnarlier, and if that is the case then fine.

I'm the last one that wants to ride glorified XC courses, but I also don't want to have to bomb down DH courses expecting mountain trail.

And of course the skills need to be pushed, so tech gets my vote.

So it's all insane or jeep track? Those are the two options? 26'er of f-off? Long travel or die?

I'm more than happy to ride whatever is put in front of me, and I'll be the first one to bitch about jeep track. But Welvanpas, Jonkers and Tokai are hardly jeep track?

Let me explain by way of analogy. You don't see the surfing tour hold events at Jaws and Mavericks every weekend. Some events are at Pipe and J-Bay. Big wave surfing is our DH. Enduro should be our Pipe and J-Bay. Can still bite you in the ass big time, but hospital visits should be the exception.

Guest Omega Man

So it's all insane or jeep track? Those are the two options? 26'er of f-off? Long travel or die?

I'm more than happy to ride whatever is put in front of me, and I'll be the first one to bitch about jeep track. But Welvanpas, Jonkers and Tokai are hardly jeep track?

Let me explain by way of analogy. You don't see the surfing tour hold events at Jaws and Mavericks every weekend. Some events are at Pipe and J-Bay. Big wave surfing is our DH. Enduro should be our Pipe and J-Bay. Can still bite you in the ass big time, but hospital visits should be the exception.

The one Dirtopia enduro I did (the greyton one) it was all single track. The route was well laid out. The tracks were amazing and the only "hectic" stage was the run down the DH track which is a very mellow track by dh standards.

Muerant's go a very good idea of his clientele. Make it too hectic and you scare off the xc okes looking to make the transition. Make it to easy and the DH okes will bleat.

The one Dirtopia enduro I did (the greyton one) it was all single track. The route was well laid out. The tracks were amazing and the only "hectic" stage was the run down the DH track which is a very mellow track by dh standards.

Muerant's go a very good idea of his clientele. Make it too hectic and you scare off the xc okes looking to make the transition. Make it to easy and the DH okes will bleat.

Exactly! I reckon the trails being ridden on Meurant's circuit are perfect.

If only now we could get enough venues to make this a monthly thing *cough Steilte cough*

Guest Omega Man

Exactly! I reckon the trails being ridden on Meurant's circuit are perfect.

If only now we could get enough venues to make this a monthly thing *cough Steilte cough*

There's an enduro line going in. Duran is going to be staying there and building over his December vac. the problem it it's a bit dry to build right now.