Pepper Spray

ivr32

Hi

I think I saw a while back someone advertising pepper spray or something to protect yourself with.

My dad got bitten buy an alsation dog, after he screamed at the owner of the dog to contain it, the women said just ride he wont bite, the dog took out a chunk of his calf.

I looked online at the bicycle shops for something but couldn't find anything.

Cheers

Hi

I think I saw a while back someone advertising pepper spray or something to protect yourself with.

My dad got bitten buy an alsation dog, after he screamed at the owner of the dog to contain it, the women said just ride he wont bite, the dog took out a chunk of his calf.

I looked online at the bicycle shops for something but couldn't find anything.

Cheers

Any security shop and gun shop sell the stuff .

get the swat direct stream one, the cloud based ones are dangerous, if the wind is blowing in the wrong direction you are going to be crying.

the direct stream shoots a red stream of the stuff about 8 feet or so, so you don't have to be in close contact. i have used mine once in a attepted bike jacking and almost felt sorry for the guy( almost when i stopped kicking the crap out of the ****), that stuff is proper woes!

Guest Latent Blue

Does pepper spray work on dogs?

Is it as effective as on humans?

Yep! capsaicin burns the hell out of any mammal!

Our great dane didn't seem to mind it too much. It actually looked liked she enjoyed the extra flavour it gave to the doberman. ..

As an ex policeman, I can safely say that the pepper spray does NOT work on the many dogs and some stoned humans, that I have had to use it on in 10years as an officer. I can't vouch for the SWAT direct stream stuff, but pepper spray. No good!

My dogs just get even more bef@k and go from warning mode to kill mode.

Our great dane didn't seem to mind it too much. It actually looked liked she enjoyed the extra flavour it gave to the doberman. ..

Now I am confused. What will happen when I use it on approaching boerboel?

try and find out, get a mate to catch the action on a gopro and post the vid for us, its either going to be educational or the funniest vid of the year

We have boerboels, They used to fight terribly. I thought pepperspray would separate them. It didn't. It just made them super viscious. Only thing that ever worked was a cattle prod.

Guest Latent Blue

My dogs just get even more bef@k and go from warning mode to kill mode.

It did work with someones brak that stormed me once...

I have only this one experience though... I used SWAT brand spray...