Rotorua Enduro

niterider

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have ridden this before but not in a race.my sister in law lived in rotty and when visiting her we went riding there.also try redwood forrest.enjoy

It stinks there (the air), but it is very beautiful!

I would love to go ride there, I was there in 2011 during my 23days trip through NZ with the RWC, so didnt ride.

(I wanted to add some photos of the trails there (I hiked them), but I see it isnt on this laptop)

I love NZ!

I love NZ!

Me too, I'm moving there at the end of December. Unfortunately I'll be a 3-hour drive from Rotorua though, but by all accounts it'll be a regular weekend away.

Guys, if this is what Enduro is like then it looks amazing. I was under the impression that the courses are WAY more technical. Of course each course is different.

Me too, I'm moving there at the end of December. Unfortunately I'll be a 3-hour drive from Rotorua though, but by all accounts it'll be a regular weekend away.

Where abouts are you going to live?

Guys, if this is what Enduro is like then it looks amazing. I was under the impression that the courses are WAY more technical. Of course each course is different.

From what I've seen of Rotorua, their tracks are VERY flowy. Easy when slow, but timing becomes very important when travelling at speed. I don't think we have any tracks like that in the Western Cape (parts of Jonkers come closest probably).

Where abouts are you going to live?

Auckland for now. Not really any mountain biking in the city, but there's some reasonable riding about 45-60 minutes out.

From what I've seen of Rotorua, their tracks are VERY flowy. Easy when slow, but timing becomes very important when travelling at speed. I don't think we have any tracks like that in the Western Cape (parts of Jonkers come closest probably).

That's the thing with speed. Turns the smallest thing into a huck-fest

It stinks there (the air), but it is very beautiful!

I would love to go ride there, I was there in 2011 during my 23days trip through NZ with the RWC, so didnt ride.

(I wanted to add some photos of the trails there (I hiked them), but I see it isnt on this laptop)

I love NZ!

I have friends in Auckland but my cousin lives in Nelson and has invited me to visit and hike/ride The Old Ghost Road

http://www.oldghostroad.org.nz/home