LA Interview

no calves

I read through the first 3 interviews.

Anybody also feels like is is NOT sorry and just miff that he got caught? Or is it just me that reads that between the lines?

I think they were quite insightfull. When he says he would have handled the denials and the way he talked and his own arrogance differently with the benefit of hindsight. I liked that.

I do agree that he is upset that he was singled out the way he was. I think he comes across as sorry for the way he handled things, and pissed off that he gets a life ban and others get six months, but really, can you blame him?

I also like the way he carefully does not say he was clean in the '09 comeback. He is very specific that he has no problem submitting those samples to a future test for atologous transfusion, but very clearly stops short of saying he was clean. Crafty. He's a good player.

cyclingnews.com

i decided not to read it, he will never admit everything, media needs to stop giving him this exposure.......but I will say he's paying the price for everyone else who doped at time, difference he just acted like a dick the whole time

Too bad! He is lonely and give him a box of tissue..

He made so much money and he got away with it. Tough luck!

He must sell everything and give back to cycling world by means improving drug testing and get more bicycles for poor countries........ If he does, maybe I will forgive him...

Look, i was ready to s**tcan him again but reading through that interview he actually came across really well. I was never a fan of him and less of a fan when the truth came out but I can't deny that he has been made the no1 scape goat for the whole movement and a nice deflection of everything else that was going on and the issues of the UCI.

He's said he'll be first at the door to tell the truth when a TRC is formed. Yup he was the king of the hill when it comes to the denials, the intimidation and the king prize of the tour but what about the rest, what about the winners of MSR, Paris Roubaix Amstel gold race during that time, what about the winners of the Giro, the Vuelta and the rest. They stole careers as well in a time when so many were doping.

I'd like him to be treated like the others, I'd like him to tell the truth and I'd like the rest of that era of coaches, riders and organisers to be given the chance to tell the truth. As much as you want them stripped, flogged and crucified that can't happen if you want the honest truth.

I think that him working with the UCI has legs and can be pret of a broader strategy against the kind of excess that have stained the past.

Good article as well:

http://velonews.comp...and-cuts_307022

Edited by hellocolour

cyclingnews.com

i decided not to read it, he will never admit everything, media needs to stop giving him this exposure.......but I will say he's paying the price for everyone else who doped at time, difference he just acted like a dick the whole time

Which to his credit he admits to and apologises for in these interviews.

All I got from the interviews is the following: that he isn't sorry and he thinks they have done him a total injustice by ousting him. He is letting Ferrari et al know he will not be naming names so they don't have to worry, he is setting up his forthcoming disposition and he is lieing - still.

I was a fan until the truth came out and lately since I read Wheelmen. The book was mostly what you have read in secret race, Lance to landis etc but the last 2 chapters where the most interesting. He feels nothing and is just sad he got caught that's it.

How can he all of a sudden forget the hospital room incident with Betsy? That alone answers every question what this man is truely about and will never be honest at the TRC and will never name names on how his doping was done. The people he worked with ie: Ferrari are so connected to the wrong people and Lance knows it and with that he values his and his children's lives.

Lance should really just let it go and move on like many others as his true colors are coming out - which I guess may be a good thing.

Which to his credit he admits to and apologises for in these interviews.

Only because if the situation he is in. It's all smoke and mirrors he feels nothing.

Lies and contradicts himself a lot in his interviews and here is 1 classic example:

Quote:

LA: Back then, and I think people on the team can testify, I was never a warm and fuzzy person who wanted to trust everyone. I viewed everyone as having an agenda. I didn’t totally trust a lot of them. A lot of that you just had to deal with as you’ve got to have a team and teammates. Looking back on it, there were a handful of people who should never have been on the team but you have the roster and you have to field the best team you can. The characters are well known

Quote:

LA: I don’t trust anybody.

Quote:

LA: I didn’t say they have an agenda, I just said I don’t trust them.

Quote:

LA: Well, when you’re on top of the world like that, there are people who have agendas. I was extremely loyal. I kept the same inner team, you plug and play with new riders but the structure of management whether it’s [bill] Stapleton or [bart] Knaggs, [Mark] Higgins or Johan [bruyneel], the same core group was always the same. Despite this team taking off like a rocket. It’s easy to say I cast people out, but if you stand back and look at it you could almost say I’ve been loyal to a fault.

Look, i was ready to s**tcan him again but reading through that interview he actually came across really well. I was never a fan of him and less of a fan when the truth came out but I can't deny that he has been made the no1 scape goat for the whole movement and a nice deflection of everything else that was going on and the issues of the UCI.

He's said he'll be first at the door to tell the truth when a TRC is formed. Yup he was the king of the hill when it comes to the denials, the intimidation and the king prize of the tour but what about the rest, what about the winners of MSR, Paris Roubaix Amstel gold race during that time, what about the winners of the Giro, the Vuelta and the rest. They stole careers as well in a time when so many were doping.

I'd like him to be treated like the others, I'd like him to tell the truth and I'd like the rest of that era of coaches, riders and organisers to be given the chance to tell the truth. As much as you want them stripped, flogged and crucified that can't happen if you want the honest truth.

I think that him working with the UCI has legs and can be pret of a broader strategy against the kind of excess that have stained the past.

Good article as well:

http://velonews.comp...and-cuts_307022

No respect for a man that is a born again liar, not only his status but all those around him

cyclingnews.com

my money is on they all were, all cheating till somo

ene got caught

Having listened to Lance Armstrong lie for years and years, I actually have no more time to listen to another word he says. I also really don't care what he says or does anymore - I would rather spend my time on other things than listen to him.

I can't read anything like this without doubting what the pr machine is doing behind the scenes. He's trying to rescue an empire, the truth is optional

I can't read anything like this without doubting what the pr machine is doing behind the scenes. He's trying to rescue an empire, the truth is optional

The PR machine works both ways, some of the stuff that came out afterwards is stuff that happens in everyday life without the same publicity. eg TH claims LA confronted him in a restaurant about what he has said. How is this different to how most people would act if they saw someone they knew who was speaking about them behind their backs?

He was the poster boy for cycling, then the poster boy of doping and now the scape goat for all.

I dont see how it is fair to punish someone so indifferently just because he was a 'dick'. Play the ball not the man.