Hit and Run in Bloemfontein

Vetseun

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eish...glad you are all ok.

Hope the farker gets some jail time.

Bloem is small...you never know when you might bump into him :ph34r:

Jis Vetseun. Bly om te hoor jul almal is okay. Mag daai bliksem hard gehollie pollie word in die aanhouding selle

Myself, my Son and my good friend were on a training ride this afternoon.

We came off a gravel road onto a section of tarmac.

Riding single file, me at the front, my son behing me and my friend at the back.

I heard a vehicle approaching and warned the others.

Suddenly we were hit from behind by a bakkie.

My son came flying over my head.

My friend dissapeared, somehow the vehicle missed me.

The driver of the white Isuzu bakkie looked in his rear view mirror, by this time about 70 meters down the road, put foot down and chased away.

My son was lying in the road winded and groaning,

My buddy was lying in the veld lights out.

The paramedic arrived pretty fast.

My son is back home after a check up, bruised and grazed.

My friend is in hospital with a broken leg and ankle and a damaged damaged back, major cuts ans lacerations.

The drunken coward that hit us was missing.

I got a call from the police about an hour ago to take the damaged bikes to the police station.

While I was there, it came over the radio that the bakkie had been traced and the driver arrestedpost-16512-0-74456900-1384198678_thumb.jpgpost-16512-0-04281200-1384198706_thumb.jpgpost-16512-0-47205600-1384198777_thumb.jpg

Hey Carpets boyfriend, baie jammer vir jul met die ongeluk, net regtig baie bly dat jul dit kan oorvertel. Ja wel, ek het al vele kere gese wat my gevoel is teenoor motoriste wat fietsryers raak ry, kom ons hou almal hande vas dat daar reg en geregtigheid sal seevier en dat die motoris wel vir poging tot moord aangekla en skuldig bevind sal word. Iemand moet vir 'n voorbeeld gebruik word. Sterkte vir jul almal daar.

Nou het jy al name van die bliksem? Jis eks nou sommer goed bef$k hier. Hoe ry mens amper 3 mense raak en jaag weg. Sleg bliksem

Sorry to hear buddy, give your son and buddy a big hug, it could have been so much worse. It's really becoming a sad day when cyclist are grateful when we alive after an accident, we shouldn't be hurt in the first place.

Holy F. Thank goodness you are all alive and well. I dont know what else we can do to bring the point across. The law needs to stand up and realise what is going on, and until people are scared of getting in their car drunk or texting for fear of what happen if something happens..we are on a hiding to nothing.....

Maybe its time to use the "hub Fund" to pay for legal fees and make that one example of this low life piece of scum

Heart missed a few beats when I read your story.

Sterkte vir julle almal, dit kon soveel erger gewees het. 'n Seun kon dood gewees het, iemand kon verlam gewees het of selfs 'n ledemaat verloor het.

Miskien bietjie vroegtydig maar begin sommer ' n regsaksie teen hierdie nikswerd en lafaard.....al is dit om sy bakkie te vat om vir ' n nuwe fiets te betaal. In gevalle soos hierdie trek die fietsryers altyd aan die kortste punt.

Ek dink daar is 'n paar "Skim en Ninja Hubbers" wat tans ook hierdie ou sommer namens jou sal wil uitsorteer.

Hoop julle herstel vinnig en is binnekort terug op die fietse. "Keep safe"

Hell Carpets - and I thought Bloem would be lekker quiet and the perfect place to cycle. You must be still feeling rattled this morning.

Glad you are all okay - could have been a lot worse waking up this morning.

Good one to the Cops for acting so swiftly and arresting the piece of dogcrap.

Keep us updated on what happens with the Bunt and hopefully it is not just a slap on the wrist !!

I am just glad we are not hearing this morning on the Hub about another cyclist killed. :thumbup:

Blixem, ek lees dit nou eers!!!!!! Bly julle is OK.

Julle moet net seker maak dat hierdie blixem nie loskom nie. Bly in kontak met die gereg en lê ook julle eie klagte(s)

Jislaaik ...you guys are made of tough stuff in Bloem .....all the best and I hope that box gets what's due to him ....

Archived