2014 Giant Trance 27.5 2

nolipoli

So basically worse case - I'll get fitter sooner by peddling a tiny bit harder :P

For real though, thanks this has helped me make up my mind...now to get things in order :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically worse case - I'll get fitter sooner by peddling a tiny bit harder :P

For real though, thanks this has helped me make up my mind...now to get things in order :D

Don't wait. These bikes are awesome!

i am really getting into my bike now and i think the only change i will at in the future is a brake upgrade ( as i didnt get the SLX package ) anybody tried out those Sram Guide yet ??

i am really getting into my bike now and i think the only change i will at in the future is a brake upgrade ( as i didnt get the SLX package ) anybody tried out those Sram Guide yet ??

Speak to capricorn. He loves his...

Evan getting his whip on in Morzine on the 10m table. After watching him do the huge stuff over there on that bike I have a new found respect for the Trance.

post-18968-0-82472000-1408693147_thumb.jpg

Now I have a little issue with this:

My only good excuse for not doing 10m tables, road gaps and mega drops, namely that my bike isn't made for it, is suddenly proven to be a load of crock. Next thing people will start suspecting that I simply just don't have the skills and balls for it! :blush:

Getting mine tomorrow, with dropper post! May the weather gods smile upon me, over this weekend...

Congrats. Did you get a good deal? They can be had for 22k or less.

I still haven't committed but thinking about doing so tomorrow. With Pike, Dropper, Stem, Bars, Headset, Brakes, Flow rims, Evo hubs it takes the cost up to a wopping 45k or so. The crazy thing is this is still cheaper than building a custom Pyga or something.

Got mine this afternoon, but still stuck at the office... So, is there any way of doing full internal routing for a Giant Contact Switch dropper? They routed mine internally through the downtube and then it exits and goes externally up the seattube. Looks pretty neat, but I pictured it being internal all the way.

Got mine this afternoon, but still stuck at the office... So, is there any way of doing full internal routing for a Giant Contact Switch dropper? They routed mine internally through the downtube and then it exits and goes externally up the seattube. Looks pretty neat, but I pictured it being internal all the way.

Yes there is. Provided you have the newest dropper (black stantion) then you change the cable to connect at the bottom of the post, then it is completely inside the frame... Check dropper is the 100mm one - sounds silly but I had a 75mm fitted and didn't notice. Had it changed no hassles but just make sure....

The weather is clearing up especially to let you ride it this weekend! How lucky can you be? :clap:

Yes there is. Provided you have the newest dropper (black stantion) then you change the cable to connect at the bottom of the post, then it is completely inside the frame... Check dropper is the 100mm one - sounds silly but I had a 75mm fitted and didn't notice. Had it changed no hassles but just make sure....

Yes, I've got that one, but... my question is more about the routing of the cable. Can you run it down the toptube of the Trance 2?

The weather is clearing up especially to let you ride it this weekend! How lucky can you be? :clap:

I'll be riding up and down the street tonight, getting this baby set up for tomorrow morning!

Yes, I've got that one, but... my question is more about the routing of the cable. Can you run it down the toptube of the Trance 2?

No routing goes down the down tube (like rear brake and derailleurs, but instead of coming out the bottom, it goes over the bb (still inside the frame) and up the seat tube and connects to the bottom of the dropper.

No routing goes down the down tube (like rear brake and derailleurs, but instead of coming out the bottom, it goes over the bb (still inside the frame) and up the seat tube and connects to the bottom of the dropper.

Thanks. Almost home. Will check it out.

Archived