2014 Giant Trance 27.5 2

nolipoli

Thanx!Im running Mavic Crossmax XL wheelset.Not too keen on the mavic tyres so put a Hans Dampf on the front

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As if today, what is the going price for a brand new 2015 trance 2? And if you have a price pls give shop name.

Also what are alternatives to a 2015 trance 2

By the looks of things Trances increase in value after a few months - that seems to be the tendency in the classifieds - amazing.

I'm selling my trance 2 2014 with a brand new black rockshox revelation RCT3 140mm (converted to normal tapered steerer). Building up a pyga with a Pike. Does anyone know what price I should list the upgraded trance at?

I'm selling my trance 2 2014 with a brand new black rockshox revelation RCT3 140mm (converted to normal tapered steerer). Building up a pyga with a Pike. Does anyone know what price I should list the upgraded trance at?

Have you still got the original fork and headset?

If so I'd suggest putting it back on, sell the trance for 15-18 depending on condition and selling the Rev separately.

Original fork sold already, could stick the Rev on my missus' trance and put her fork on my trance for original build to sell, though she probably wouldn't notice the difference the Rev makes. May just list it for 20k as is or just sell the frame. Next problem is how to convince the better half that the pyga isn't a "new bike". Sigh.

Original fork sold already, could stick the Rev on my missus' trance and put her fork on my trance for original build to sell, though she probably wouldn't notice the difference the Rev makes. May just list it for 20k as is or just sell the frame. Next problem is how to convince the better half that the pyga isn't a "new bike". Sigh.

Sweet. Good luck bro

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the Trance SX (2015) in RSA? The 2nd option I am considering is just upgrading the Trance 2 with a RS Pike/Revelation fork, but this seems to be an equally strange request to most bike shops...

What are your Trance riders experiences in terms of "upgrading" the fork. Did your lbs assist or did you go the route of just eventually doing it yourself?

Most ofl the threats on this bikes just seem to suggest it is so much better on a RS Pike (or Revelation) and that fitting a 150/160mm fork really makes it an all mountain beast...Is this necessary, or are most of you guys happy with the Fox (especially the 2015 version) for most trails?

PS: The Reign seems to have all the upgrades my ideal Trance could have, but the bike itself is probably overkill for SA and most trails... 

Dude, I still have some. What you looking for?

Not looking anymore, decided to decline on the Trance I looked at last night.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the Trance SX (2015) in RSA? The 2nd option I am considering is just upgrading the Trance 2 with a RS Pike/Revelation fork, but this seems to be an equally strange request to most bike shops...

What are your Trance riders experiences in terms of "upgrading" the fork. Did your lbs assist or did you go the route of just eventually doing it yourself?

Most ofl the threats on this bikes just seem to suggest it is so much better on a RS Pike (or Revelation) and that fitting a 150/160mm fork really makes it an all mountain beast...Is this necessary, or are most of you guys happy with the Fox (especially the 2015 version) for most trails?

PS: The Reign seems to have all the upgrades my ideal Trance could have, but the bike itself is probably overkill for SA and most trails... 

I think you can get it as a special order, VT. But you can achieve exactly the same result by plopping a Pike or 36 at the front. Apart from some small drivetrain differences, that's the only thing that separates them. 

BTW - if your LBS thinks that upgrading the Fox to a Pike is a strange request, you need a new LBS. 

2015 Fox Fork is apparently without the problems of the 2013/14 forks so shouldn't be a problem. But - it's just BEGGING for a pike. 

I think you can get it as a special order, VT. But you can achieve exactly the same result by plopping a Pike or 36 at the front. Apart from some small drivetrain differences, that's the only thing that separates them. 

BTW - if your LBS thinks that upgrading the Fox to a Pike is a strange request, you need a new LBS. 

2015 Fox Fork is apparently without the problems of the 2013/14 forks so shouldn't be a problem. But - it's just BEGGING for a pike. 

Not so sure about same result, fork maybe but the Trance SX has a better everything. To upgrade a Trance 2 to the same or better level will probably cost R60k. I wonder what the SX will go for here? The 2014 model was about R38k but the 2015 has some significanat upgrades so is a bit more.

From what I hear the 2015 32 Evo is a bit better, no problems per se but not exactly a great fork and it would still be near the top of my upgrade list.

The Reign is a lot of bike.. Quite well suited to the Trails in Cape Town though, especially the DH ones.

Indeed. But your see I did include a proviso about the drivetrain. Also the wheels are different.

and a much better shock, brakes, dropper post.. Alles :)

Archived