2014 Giant Trance 27.5 2

nolipoli

I don't know much about the Fox 34, but I can tell you that the 2015 Pike is very good. The stiffness of the fork is incredible, and inspires confidence in a way that my Fox 32 just couldn't. I personally think that 140mm of travel is too much for a 32mm stanchion.

Also heard the Pike changes the Trance. My FOX 32 feels like spaghetti compared to a friend's 36.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So all about compromise then. I would sacrifice a bit of small bump compliance for bottoming out.

From my understanding the 2015 Fox fork has the FiT damper in it and is, very basically put, a pretty decent fork. Only way of improving it is to buy a 34 or pike but even then most MTBR banter says it isn't worth the extra money really. Just maintain it and it is pretty good.

If u are a heavy guy and looking for 120mm travel or more then a fork with thicker stanchions like a Fox34 or a Pike (35mm) will be noticeably less flexy.

If u are a heavy guy and looking for 120mm travel or more then a fork with thicker stanchions like a Fox34 or a Pike (35mm) will be noticeably less flexy.

Im sure my 75kg fully kitted weight will be just fine with what I have. R10k upgrade and why? Shave seconds when upping fitness would gain me more. Just don't see the sense in it to be honest.

Im sure my 75kg fully kitted weight will be just fine with what I have. R10k upgrade and why? Shave seconds when upping fitness would gain me more. Just don't see the sense in it to be honest.

Its got nothing to do with shaving seconds. 

A Pike really transforms the bike. When I had a Fox 32 on my previous bike every time I rode down double black or hit a jump I felt like I was gambling with my life. With a decent fork the thought doesnt even cross your mind. You can get so much more out of the bike and yourself with a decent fork.

I'm running a Fox 34 Talas on my Trance SX.

The difference between that and the Fox 32 I had on the Trance 2 is night and day.

Can only imagine how awesome the Pike must feel. Pity about. The price.

Dawid was looking for a well priced PIKE. Since that only exists if you're a fisherman, yeah... 

Ha ha, it's the genes I got from my Scottish granny that typed that....but you'll never believe the great deals I got here on the Hub by asking oxymoronic questions like that. Maybe it's the optimism of a fisherman ? :)

Ha ha, it's the genes I got from my Scottish granny that typed that....but you'll never believe the great deals I got here on the Hub by asking oxymoronic questions like that. Maybe it's the optimism of a fisherman ? :)

although I'm an RS man, there are 2 Fox 34's that are going here. One is Vince's off his Remedy. 

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/154200-fox-34-650b-fork-2015-ctd-150mm/

And this one has the 2016 internals, so it's essentially a BRAND new fork...

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/152395-2014-fox-34-factory-fork-ctd-150mm-275/

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for a well-priced Giant Trance for an exceptionally tall friend, 6foot-lots. I am yet to see an XL trance on the market.

Where's the best place to sneak a great deal on one? New/2nd hand/demo/older stock, doesn't matter.

Archived