Thumbs up for Outsurance

Zatek

Hi hubbers

Those looking for insurance for their bikes. My claim for a new set of wheels was approved within 3 hours. Yes that is correct. I send the new quote this morning at 8:15 and was just informed that it is approved and they are paying out. Last time they approved my bike claim within 8 hours.

Thank to Eugene Voges at Outsurance and this is way I am at outsurance.

Great and speedy service.

Also had good service, broke my bike on the Sunday, put the claim in on Monday and payment was on Tuesday!

Stupid question with regards to insurance through Outsurance for those who are with them.

Are your bikes insured under racing or road bikes? I have my car and household with Outsurance, but my bike with Momentum due to the fact that outsurance is double the price. This is under racing. Not sure how they classify racing vs road bikes

Edited by bigjoe

Mine is insurance as a pedal bicycle (I use in races) and I have specified 2 extra wheels sets. 1 for training and 1 for racing.

Mine is insurance as a pedal bicycle (I use in races) and I have specified 2 extra wheels sets. 1 for training and 1 for racing.

Perfect, thanks. Will try that when i phone them. Are there any limitiations in terms of doing races?

No limitations. Only when you transport the bike. Completely covered for racing and training

Meaning exactly what?

Covered for theft while in transit or not?

Covered for damage while in transit or not?

It is covered but there needs to be visible signs of a break in or the broken bike lock and covered while in transit as well.