Clear plastic Bike protection stuff

Guest Smimby

Helicopter blade tape is awesome if u can get it! I have normally got pieces from my engineers, but you can order it per metre on eBay.

Vinyl is to thin and wears through quickly with cable rub. You better off with some good electrical insolation tape.

My new Carbon bike will be here tomorrow or Monday. Do you think it's worth having it protected with clear plastic?

Edited by The MTBer

Don't do it, protect your frame too much and you wont have an excuse to upgrade in a few years.

:clap: :clap: :thumbup:

My new Carbon bike will be here tomorrow or Monday. Do you think it's worth having it protected with clear plastic?

I did my bike. It takes a lot of time and patience but worth it. It gets quite difficult where the frame curves to make sure it is cut properly.

Helicopter blade tape is awesome if u can get it! I have normally got pieces from my engineers, but you can order it per metre on eBay.

Vinyl is to thin and wears through quickly with cable rub. You better off with some good electrical insolation tape.

too expensive :)

I do 3 kits ranging from R50 for the basic race snake kit (chain stay and some cable rub point patches) up to a full bike exec kit that does chain stays, crank arms, head tube, top and down tube, fork lowers and rub points. 325 micron (0.325mm) clear self adhesive modified PVC. UV stable and used in the automotive industry. I also do self cut strips that you can use for custom requirements.

Drop me a PM if you are interested.

Any one want to take my old clear tape off and put new neatly and use thicker grade pm me. Happy to pay for a pro job.