[Event] Beaulieu Prep MTB Cycle Challenge 8th June 2014

Odders

Will be entering tonight :) route profile looks nice and interesting, I see there is a big climb around the 30km mark!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be entering tonight :) route profile looks nice and interesting, I see there is a big climb around the 30km mark!

I'm glad to hear it's after the 25km mark. Trying to convince my boss to come ride it with me.

Some interesting facts about the area where a lucky few will be riding the Beaulieu MTB challenge this weekend:

The area falls within the Greater Kyalami Conservancy. You can find out more at http://gekco.co.za/

- The 45 km race crosses more than 20 privately owned properties and 8 different wetlands.

- The area is home to the endangered African Bullfrog, more than 250 bird species including the endangered Grass Owl, Black Backed Jackal and many other varieties of fauna and flora.

- It is rumoured that the area is also home to the largest concentration of horses in the world.

Pardon my noob ness, never done any races before, I entered and paid on the 23rd, haven't received ant confirmation or anything. Do I just rock up on the assumption I'm on the list? Do we just pitch up with some form of ID for number collection?

I really enjoyed this race. Pace was fast in the beginning and I paid for it in the end. The other great thing about the race was being able to cycle to the start line from my place in Sunninghill.

as a first timer doing any kind of organised MTB race I have nothing to compare my experience against but I have to say well done - a great mix of riding along the 25km route, well marked - although i had a chuckle with the post its but it works well.

Great organisation in terms of marshalls directing the way, directing traffic in and out of the venue etc - will definitely be back.

One thought - having the 45km and 25km sharing single track on the last few kms - is that normal or do the organisers just not expect anyone to be left from the 25km lot - just felt bad that we were holding them up on some sections.

Awesome event guys the track was really challenging. Does anyone know where I can get the results for this rece?

We are really glad you had a fantastic ride. We should have results out this evening.

We are really glad you had a fantastic ride. We should have results out this evening.

And are they out?

do they actually do results? Isn't it more of a "fun' ride type of event?

I don't remember getting results last year??

do they actually do results? Isn't it more of a "fun' ride type of event?

I don't remember getting results last year??

I didn't ride but apparently they promised results.