Specialized Epic Comp or Cannondale Scalpel 3

Dominik

Hey guys, I need your guys opinions.

I started cycling in December 2012, did the Argus, Kingfisher and realized I was more hooked on the long enduro rides. So I did the Transbaviaans and Karoo2Coast as well. Next year its the Argus, 36One, Sani2C and Transbaviaans again.

I bought a 2nd hand Ghost RT Actinum 7400 (26" dual suspension) very happy with the bike but the cycling "gogga" bit me hard and I think its time I upgrade to a 29er.

Now my price range is with the above 2 bikes and they are currently the 2 that i really like. Im looking for some opinions of of perhaps owners of these 2 bikes.

Thanks guys

Dom

Ek sal gaan vir die Specialized Epic, daai brain shock is 'n 'next level'! Weet van 'n ou wat weer vir 'n epic gegaan het en hy het gese hy sal nooit weer iets anders ry nie. Het gister vir my 'n Carbon Hardtail gekoop en ek moet se ek sal nie gou dual suspension gaan nie...

Epic is awesome. I ride the 2013 epic carbon comp and it is great if you want to race. If you more of a middle to back of the field rider go for specialized camber.... But I am hooked on the epic for life!!(sorry to through a 3rd bike in your mix).

You can't go wrong with either. The epic is a great bike! However, the design of the updated lefty, in terms of fork mounting, needle bearings etc. will always result in superior performance from the scalpel.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys, robbed a local bank and bought the 2014 Specialized Epic Comp Carbon with Roval wheel upgrades, managed to squeeze a early morning ride in and she goes like a dream, just have to get use to the 20speed, my previous bike Ghost RT Actinum 7400 was a 30speed

Thanks guys, robbed a local bank and bought the 2014 Specialized Epic Comp Carbon with Roval wheel upgrades, managed to squeeze a early morning ride in and she goes like a dream, just have to get use to the 20speed, my previous bike Ghost RT Actinum 7400 was a 30speed

Where are the pictures???