Team Fedgroup Itec

rock

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man.. darn.. I really wanted it not to be so

I don't think it means anything...yet. He can still appeal and then there is also the paperwork from SAIDS he says he has got.

His previous team mates will most probably not have the greatest things to say about him but ja to each his own what they believe but to me this is not a surprise.

Okay I see. (Actually I see nada cause no one wants to tell me more)

waiting for comment from his brother-in-law.....

He is currently busy kicking his behind ;)

It is easy to haul out your soapbox, jump on a shout about rumours and half truths and made-up fact, but why not say who you are and what you know.

Here is what I am pretty sure I know ...

Brandon screwed up by not making sure he had his TUE signed and sealed before he took medication on the advice of his doctor, but if you are told by the Saids' TUE liaison that you can take the medication then he can maybe be forgiven for screwing up (and up to this point I have not seen this disputed by Saids).

Also, I doubt anybody trying to screw the system would tell Saids they are going to take an illegal medication before they take it unless they have some reason for believing it is OK.

I do not believe making a mistake is a good enough defence for a doping charge, but surely in this case their is a pretty case for mitigating circumstances and of all the doping cases I have seen this is the first time I hope the rider gets off. I have spoken to Brandon and believe it was a genuine mistake.

Whenever I saw Brandon being interviewed during TV race reports it always struck me that he was articulate and spoke well of the races, organisers, fellow competitors and how his race had gone.

Many others are only able to state that their race strategy was to go hard from the start and see if they could maintain that pace.

I must agree, he seems very likeable.

It is easy to haul out your soapbox, jump on a shout about rumours and half truths and made-up fact, but why not say who you are and what you know.

Brandon screwed up by not making sure he had his TUE signed and sealed before he took medication on the advice of his doctor, but if you are told by the Saids' TUE liaison that you can take the medication then he can maybe be forgiven for screwing up (and up to this point I have not seen this disputed by Saids).

Also, I doubt anybody trying to screw the system would tell Saids they are going to take an illegal medication before they take it unless they have some reason for believing it is OK.

I do not believe making a mistake is a good enough defence for a doping charge, but surely in this case their is a pretty case for mitigating circumstances and of all the doping cases I have seen this is the first time I hope the rider gets off. I have spoken to Brandon and believe it was a genuine mistake.

Wonder why SAIDS dismissed his appeal then...since it will be egg on their face if he provides proof that he got the ok from their correspondent? I hope he has said correspondence in writing.

Surely that will clear any grey areas or am I oversimplifying things

as a pro athlete you shouldn't be anywhere near any testosterone meds, you're asking for trouble, tell the doc you're a pro athlete and that it will cause trouble and rather prescribe something else, but I suspect the whole TUE thing is bull sh|t

Well done SAIDS for dismissing the appeal.

...another one bites the dust....

This whole thing is a royal f up... I see the team have released a statement on their facebook page.

The tainted steak was also a HONEST mistake.

Archived