Which saddle for MTB endurance , marathons , Epic

Anticlimb

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a road bike for a little road race ...maybe.

For 8 days around the Western Cape ... you are nuts!!

yea you probably right. The first 3 weeks were interesting, but now that my rear end has molded to the saddle its all good for 6+ hours. Is does help that im running 27.2 seatpost with about 330mm out the frame to there is about 20mm of flex

Isn't this a bit like asking which sweet is the best?

I say Jelly Tots, he says humbugs....

But padding does not mean comfort. Have you ever heard of a Murray 'tour de force' saddle?

I ride a prologo ascent saddle. Almost zero padding. Never mind 8 days in the saddle, it has done 20 day expeditions with a 15kg packpack on my back and I don't get saddle sores or have an issues.

A mate rode my bike and lasted all of 10 mins before he cried mercy about my saddle and he is no newbie.

My favourite saying on this site when someone asks a question like this, One man's trash is another man's treasure....

Measure, test and dont be afraid to try. All the pinions in the world cannot beat experience

I suppose the best advice is what to look for in a saddle so you can more easier match your azz and body to the right one.

I find a wide 155mm flat saddle with a big long cut out in the middle with sh1teloads of padding fits my wide apart seat bones and azz with zero padding really well. Some can take rounded saddles , some have lots of natural padding and don't need as much plushness as the skinny bonny as hell mo-fo's.