Earning Discovery Vitality Points via MTB events

Uthuli

Well I'm gonna run endomondo (for my own personal tracking of progress) and vitalityFit for pts, until they partner with endomondo as well.

Will be interesting to see how well the phone's battery manages that.

I usually run Strava and VitalityFit together without a problem. Endomondo uses less than Strava.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea why the carry over points have been dropped?
The cynic in me says too many people coasting to gold status and above when the business model needs a lot of people overpaying on the lower levels for it to be profitable.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually run Strava and VitalityFit together without a problem. Endomondo uses less than Strava.

Awesome my last 2 weeks rides have all been picked up on discovery via the VitalityFit App and my phone handles running both apps simultaneously. Tx.

make sure to have a look at the Challenges on the living vitality site.

quick and easy to earn extra points.

Like riding a 50km ride with give you 250, you can reactivate that challenge multiple times.

there is also one for the 100km ride.

logging your weight once a week for a month is another.

no reason to worry about the carry over points.

plenty of ways to easily get back to Gold/Diamond.

The cynic in me says too many people coasting to gold status and above when the business model needs a lot of people overpaying on the lower levels for it to be profitable.

Right to a point. But - they also need people on the Gold levels because they cost Disco less ito claims and so on. So they want to push more people off the couch and into less sedentary lifestyles. The okes that were gymming and doing fitness assessments all the time aren't the problem - it's the slobs doing one fitness assessment per year and the screening checks that they wanted to get more active.

It's a trade-off. They want people there, but they want people to earn it and become healthier at the same time. It was also perceived as an easy thing to get to - no worth was placed on ACTUALLY getting there. Now that people know that they have to do more to get there, they may actually take note of what they're doing and what they need to do to get there. And how much the rewards (when tied with the life policies) are actually worth.

They've always said that they want to change the way their clients behave from a nutrition & exercise (general health) perspective - Vitality is the tool that they're using to do that. And it's farking successful.

Right to a point. But - they also need people on the Gold levels because they cost Disco less ito claims and so on. So they want to push more people off the couch and into less sedentary lifestyles. The okes that were gymming and doing fitness assessments all the time aren't the problem - it's the slobs doing one fitness assessment per year and the screening checks that they wanted to get more active.

It's a trade-off. They want people there, but they want people to earn it and become healthier at the same time. It was also perceived as an easy thing to get to - no worth was placed on ACTUALLY getting there. Now that people know that they have to do more to get there, they may actually take note of what they're doing and what they need to do to get there. And how much the rewards (when tied with the life policies) are actually worth.

They've always said that they want to change the way their clients behave from a nutrition & exercise (general health) perspective - Vitality is the tool that they're using to do that. And it's farking successful.

Just about to PM you about a completely unrelated issue.

how do you log an event ?

I know about the mapmyride to upload activities, but how do you log W2W or other events ?

How do you get your mapmyride to upload to vitality

Cheers

DB

:thumbdown: what really irks me is when having done the necessary to reap the reward, for whatever lame (in my humble opinion as I am put out by this ) excuse Discovery Vitality want to use, most of the reward processes never (seldomly) go smoothly.

I am unable to make a hotel booking in the month of February at both Garden Court East London & Hemingways as according to the complaint/query I have lodged ... the Hotel Group only makes so many rooms available for Vitality members

So in a matter of x2 working days, from recieving a quote to actually making a booking I am to believe that each room at both establishments made available to vitality members has been snapped up :ph34r: paaaaaleeeeeeze

For the record, I am a Diamond Vitality member and the 50% hotel discount for my efforts must have rung the alarm bells when I entered the Daily Dispatch due to be staged in Feb ...

A lot like SAA and the frequent flyer reward scheme ... I am yet to be awarded the seat upgrade I so desire when booking :whistling: my approach must be wrong