Earning Discovery Vitality Points via MTB events

Uthuli

Get a broker to show you the ways.

I am on 35 000 points and I havent even uploaded events or done the screening tests.

Easy peasy ... Diamond!

What the man says. :thumbup:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Pretty much that easy. My practice is centred around getting clients to gold and keeping them there. It's a bit more difficult relative to last year, but not by much.

Gimme a shout if you wanna chat more...

What did that cost you through a registered pharmacy - I did it all at the Virgin active gym, which was R400

for just the vitality health check, costs R135

for just the vitality health check, costs R135

Depending on which version of the HIV test they do, it could cost up to R250. If you're on discovery health it will go through your med aid.

What did that cost you through a registered pharmacy - I did it all at the Virgin active gym, which was R400

I'm sorry, but paying for those tests (or anything) to get a higher "rewards" status is just plain wrong for me.

I've got over 65,000 points from a free health check at a pharmacy and simply did all the other things you can do (gym visits, upload workouts, online health quiz, etc.).

Disclaimer: I'm not the biggest fan of Discovery...

and just an FYI for those who don't use a garmin or one of the "supported" devices to upload your workouts to living vitality.

Living Vitality uses the mapmyfitness.com as the backend, register, link it to Discovery... (I actually can't remember what I did here, whether i just used my same login details as discovery or something)

But once you're in mapmyfitness.com, you can upload your tcx, etc. files from which ever device, these will then count towards your workout points and show up in Discovery's points monitor.

As everyone has said, getting to Gold / Diamond is seriously easy. Currently on 87000, got to 105'000 last year (individual) without even doing the fitness test, which would add a good couple thousand.

First week of each year, do all the online tests (health, stress, online fitness), pop into a Dischem or somewhere and do the health test and hiv.

log any races you do, 5th one gets a 5000 bonus.

The one sag i always run into quickly is the max points for fitness, think i was getting the "limits apply" by April, so you still get points, just not nearly as much.

First week of each year, do all the online tests (health, stress, online fitness), pop into a Dischem or somewhere and do the health test and hiv.

Just done the online test, must I do the test again in January ?

Also the Dischem health test, I had planned to do this next week. Should I rather wait till January ?

and just an FYI for those who don't use a garmin or one of the "supported" devices to upload your workouts to living vitality.

Living Vitality uses the mapmyfitness.com as the backend, register, link it to Discovery... (I actually can't remember what I did here, whether i just used my same login details as discovery or something)

But once you're in mapmyfitness.com, you can upload your tcx, etc. files from which ever device, these will then count towards your workout points and show up in Discovery's points monitor.

As everyone has said, getting to Gold / Diamond is seriously easy. Currently on 87000, got to 105'000 last year (individual) without even doing the fitness test, which would add a good couple thousand.

log any races you do, 5th one gets a 5000 bonus.

The one sag i always run into quickly is the max points for fitness, think i was getting the "limits apply" by April, so you still get points, just not nearly as much.

Ignorant question here but as a discovery member I've never even bothered figuring out (and my broker has never bothered telling me) what Vitality is all about. How are you rewarded for earning all these points?

Ignorant question here but as a discovery member I've never even bothered figuring out (and my broker has never bothered telling me) what Vitality is all about. How are you rewarded for earning all these points?

Go to the vitality web page, look at the overview and rewards. Depending on what level you are at you can get discount on shopping and flights etc the higher your vitality the bigger the discount

There are a lot of different rewards/reasons.

First up would be cheaper insurance premiums.

There are a lot of different rewards/reasons.

First up would be cheaper insurance premiums.

Oh wow, I had no idea, I thought it was all just movie tickets and junk. Thanks for the 411, I'll check it out on Monday.

Oh wow, I had no idea, I thought it was all just movie tickets and junk. Thanks for the 411, I'll check it out on Monday.

Life insurance, short term insurance, Discovery credit card, it's not just about the movie tickets and magazine subscription... if you embrace it the benefits are huge. If you don't then it is just a waste of money.

Life insurance, short term insurance, Discovery credit card, it's not just about the movie tickets and magazine subscription... if you embrace it the benefits are huge. If you don't then it is just a waste of money.

The cashback on my homeloan is a big one for me. Getting back R580 back per month just on that is well worth it for me.

The cashback on my homeloan is a big one for me. Getting back R580 back per month just on that is well worth it for me.

is that not the FNB cashback vs Vitality? i could be wrong