Cyclelab

lone.*

Did the tour of the town today visiting a number of cycle shops. Last shop was Cyclelab. What do you think of Cyclelab?

Depending on which branch your going to. I've not always encountered the most knowledgeable staff at Cycle Lab but I do buy from then often. Their prices are really not that bad if you want something immediately and the closest one to my house is only about 2km's

I found them biased, it annoyed me that a salesperson would think a lady wants a Pink bike, this didn't impress my wife.

We use Kajees, best prices and slight negotiation is possible as well as a huge selection.

Mostly I find cyclelab quite good. "ill call you back" is usually an empty promise though, and a manager at the lynbridge branch sold me a campy cassette with a regular cassette remover tool last week....it only takes one fool to ruin a place. I find it better to ride with the guys first, find out who is clued up, and then only consult with them only...and usually the mechanics know more than the sales staff....but that's probably true for most lbs's

Kajee's and Solomon's prices are much better and negotiable! The price on the bike at cyclelab is what u pay. Don't know anyone who buys bikes from them, outside of the newbies, who don't know what they want and need hand holding...

Something about the stores, they feel to corporate. They need to find that personal touch that keeps u coming back. Solomon's let me take seats, stems etc home and test and it's keeping me coming back.

Yes you can negotiate, put them to the test then complain if they don't match up

If you can't find what you are looking for in our store, we will source it for you.

We will sell you the right bike - we use the latest technology to ensure that your bike is correctly fitted for you.

We will not be beaten on price - find a product cheaper, we will match it. If you have already bought it, we will refund you the difference - we even match internet prices.

Edited by scotty

I found them biased, it annoyed me that a salesperson would think a lady wants a Pink bike, this didn't impress my wife.

We use Kajees, best prices and slight negotiation is possible as well as a huge selection.

LoL, my experience of Cajees, they will mark an item for R500, then negotiate a discount of R50 less making it R450. Walk into another bike shop and the same item is R400. Before i go there i first check what other bike shops offer, then when they offer me their "incredible discount" i can tell then no thanks.

Solomons on the other hand I found offer real discounts.

CL Fourways only place to service my bikes.... Suani (s) is brilliant - knowledgeable and friendly. And everything I need for day to day riding they have with fair prices

Cyclelab little falls is the best branch I have been to. Always got a smile on there faces and the owner and his wife is very hands on in the business. They are in the store everyday. I wont go anywhere else

Did the tour of the town today visiting a number of cycle shops. Last shop was Cyclelab. What do you think of Cyclelab?

Amazing store in Fourways, I visited the weekend of the 94.7 and it was heaving with people, loads of stock and the staff were knowledgeable and friendly. I popped over to the workshop and got a personalised tour from Johan Bornmen, the workshop area is immaculate, a looks like something you would find at a Mercedes dealer, each mechanic has there own station, and there were about 8 of them.

I bought my bike from cajees little falls, a Scott, but now they have lost the Scott franchise no use in going there. And ur wife better get used to pink...everything thats ladies cycling comes in damn pink... Struggle to find gear that's not big opp for a retailer to catch onto this insight !!