Compact Cranks

andrewbell

Okay, you need the cranks and a special front derailleur. FSA, Shimano and Campag makes them. Then you can maybe drop the rear cassette to 11-23 if not already.

If it's only 9spd then it's got the older internal BB. You will need a new BB to go with the compact cranks.

I've just put a compact on my Cannondale and all the we have changed is the BB, we didn't change anything else. I borrowed IanJ's to try it out and ordered my nice new Chorus one, hopefully I'll get it today or tomorrow.

If you want more specific details, PM Zaskar or Cruxpearl, they know the Dale's backwards and will be able to help you.

ha ha, the Chorus cranks are Amateurs, off her bike. I just posted them the other day cause i took the pics and was logged on at the time.

But regarding the compact question, i would go for the Shimano R-700 compact set. They are not assigned to a specific groupset, as they will work with Dura-ace Ultegra and 105, but as far as i know they are Ultegra quality.

Im not 100% sure if they would work with your 9sp set-up, check with the guys from CoolHeat first. But if they do you will need to replace your BB with the newer external bearing BB cups and possibly your front derailleur as well? It might pay you to look at a second hand 10speed groupset, i remember seeing a 105 set here a few days ago.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

ok' date=' so this explains why amateur puts bumps on zaskar's adverts...[/quote']

LOL  offcoarse they are actually my cranks that he just put on for me, because I have issues uploading pics and stuff,

hey that reminds me thanks, I need to go bump it again! Come on people I need to get those cranks sold, they are beauties!!!!!Big%20smile

another alternative (a lot cheaper) is just replace the rear cassette with a 12-25!,

(39-25 = same ratio almost as 36-23)